House bug in Hearthfire

siviz4

I deactivated all of my mods, made a clean save and completely uninstalled and reinstalled the game after carefully deleting all skyrim related files. I still have the problem on a fresh install with literally skyrim, dawnguard and hearthfire running. I think there's a larger problem at work here, one that may be compounded by certain mods being active but it will probably take an official patch to fix. Oh and my save game files still bloat to around 23 mb after building a house. Edited by sol740

I deactivated all of my mods, made a clean save and completely uninstalled and reinstalled the game after carefully deleting all skyrim related files. I still have the problem on a fresh install with literally skyrim, dawnguard and hearthfire running. I think there's a larger problem at work here, one that may be compounded by certain mods being active but it will probably take an official patch to fix. Oh and my save game files still bloat to around 23 mb after building a house.

Have you tried a 'NEW' game as it sounds like you have a rogue script in your save game.

Chris

I deactivated all of my mods, made a clean save and completely uninstalled and reinstalled the game after carefully deleting all skyrim related files. I still have the problem on a fresh install with literally skyrim, dawnguard and hearthfire running. I think there's a larger problem at work here, one that may be compounded by certain mods being active but it will probably take an official patch to fix. Oh and my save game files still bloat to around 23 mb after building a house.

Have you tried a 'NEW' game as it sounds like you have a rogue script in your save game.

Chris

I have not, to be honest this is my third run through of the game and I've never beaten it. The thought of starting over again... no thanks lol. I'll test it though just to check. Thanks for the input.

• 3 months later...

When LOD is an issue

you can pull the LOD files out of the texture folder and see if that helps

I've used a map mod that overwrote the LOD's it was "A quality map World Map" I used the Cloth map and it took out LOD everytime. its other functions are fine.

• 3 weeks later...
A new problem has presented itself, I was building my house near Morthal and like everyone else, it was not appearing, I decided to go buy the house in Farkreath but when I got to the lot location, my Morthal house was there, I used the console command tfc (Toggle Free cam) and there was a bear trapped in the foundations. I have no clue what has happend, but every time I start a new game to try again, the Morthal house is always showing up in the Farkreath hold. Has this happened to anyone else?

• 2 months later...