Marriage Glitch

JimLorus

Forgive me if I've posting in the wrong thread. It's my first time posting, and I'm just a tad bit frustrated.

So, I'm having some issue trying to get married. It used to work totally fine with my past characters, but I decided to finally start a wood elf. After speaking with the priest in Riften, buying the Amulet of Mara, speaking to the person I wish to marry, I get the quest as normal. I run on over to Riften, speak with the priest to arrange the marriage and what-not and he says that it starts tomorrow and to show up between dusk and dawn, so I step outside like I always have and just wait for 24 hours. As soon as I step into the church, nothing is happening. There are no guests, it does not start a scene, my spouse is not there. At first I thought I just had to wait a little longer, but nope! Nothing happens. I've waiting several in-game days, I do not fail the quest. No one shows up in the church. I went back to my spouse, and they are going along their normal day-to-day routine. If I try to speak with them, they simply say something like.. "Oh, I can't wait for us to be married!" something of that nature. Can't remember exact wordage.

I tried to trouble shoot, started a clean new game just to rush through to see if marriage with anyone would work, and it always seems to do this same exact thing. No one shows up, quest does not fail, I've been looking around the interwebs for answers for the past few days, but I'm starting to run out of patience. I've almost given up, but I figured I could at least as on the forums to see if anyone else is experiencing what I am.

If anyone has any idea how I can cure this issue I am experiencing, it would be much appreciated. Thanks!

that happened to me once, i married someone but when i arranged the marriage ceremony and waited for the next day, the church is empty but when i reloaded a save then redid all that stuff it worked fine, maybe you can read something about that in here (try under bugs section) http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Marriage