Follower Won't Leave

JP0005

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

I use UFO and I ran into the same problem. I decided that I'd kill the follower that was giving me s#*! and noticed that the "Your follower has left your service." prompt showed up on the screen, and that apparently got him to leave me alone and he didn't try to kill me. I rehired him, took him to Winstead and told him to be my steward and he said yes. Then I smacked him upside the head and he left me, so now he does steward things.

So if you have problems with UFO and found this thread, just smack your followers around a little bit.

Hahaha, well if it works!

I use EFF, all the other follower mods bug the hell out at some point for me.

Still if it happens to best way (if set followercount doesnt work) is to use "recycleactor" , it completely resets them *WARNING* it also resets their quest level and so on. But it works...

Highmachinegun : the combat state sometimes resets the follower yes.

For those that has problems with some of the followers (especially companions and q related ones)

absolutely the follower mods such as UFO, AFT, EEF etc cause this bug. But, if you still cant get rid of then you should check if the follower is on a quest with you.

I had stupid Farkas with me and he didnt wanna go. Saved, disabled everything, reloaded, didnt work. got even worse. Then I remembered I has that stupid dragon slaying q with him.

Apparently when you get the q from him, he begins following and he wont leave until the q is done.

I finished the q and he went away. happy ending.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Another way to solve this problem:

1. Select bugged folloer in console and type "dissable"

2. In console enter "set playerfollowercount to 0"

3. Ask another friendly NPC (Lydia for example) to be your follower and immediately ask it to stop follow you.

4. Wait for message "your follower leaving you" and then type in console "enable" for recently selected buged follower.