I had to kill her, she lied to me.

worm82075

Actually, I kind of liked the fact that Silver assumed Moriarty sent you even before you went to Megaton. It kind of shows how paranoid she is about him sending someone. I find it better that way then if all of a sudden she became paranoid AFTER you accepted the quest. It's more believable of her paranoia if she'll even act that way before even going to Megaton.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I'm fresh outta the vault and sneaking around trying not to run into any thing hostile till I make it to Megaton. I'm scrounging up stuff in abandoned houses I come across Silver's place. She thinks Moriarty sent me but I haven't been to Megaton yet. That kinda erks me that her dialog played out as if i had accepted the quest to get 100 caps from her. I got over that quickly though and just played along.

I suggested she tell me her side of the story and some how she convinced me she was the victim here, so I let her go at no charge. I was then snooping around her place and wouldn't you know it, drugs everywhere, she lied to me so I killed her and raided her place. All that bad karma took me from good to neutral. Shame though she was pretty good looking but a liar, a junkie and a tramp. she's dead and I got all her stuff.

Such are the ways of the wasteland.

The first thing I do each game is go to Silver's place, kill her, and take the 400 caps. If you're inclined to playing a good character, it doesn't take much to overcome the negative karma. Not a bad way to start the game, IMO. :)

Mez

Silver tells you she left specifically because she didn't want to be a hooker any more. I guess it's possible being desperate for drugs would drive her back to that.

And Dr. Rex - the karma is a bit odd. Among other things, you can add more good karma and "make up" for bad acts by collecting purified water (available for free if you have the Megaton house) and giving it to beggars. I got good karma for "pulling the plug" on another unethical experiment that is part of the MQ. The choice was between euthanasia and letting characters live on in torture, and the game makers decided euthanasia was the "good" choice.

• 1 month later...

I wish the options were more... morally gray.

The game pretty much decides for you what is right and what is wrong. Apparently killing old man Tenpenny, who only PLANNED to blow poo up, boosts your good Karma a few notches, However, killing the ghoul who organized the genocide of everyone in the former character's town is considered evil...

I wish I could poison her food, make her OD, or sabotage her oven.

Alas, that will have to wait for someone to add. There is a complete and utter lack of means to kill someone creatively.

But really the only real moral kicker was Tenpenny Tower. I let the ghouls in. Ghouls massacre everyone over the course of a few days. "They deserved it" he said, I slay him. And some how I lose karma.

But really the only real moral kicker was Tenpenny Tower. I let the ghouls in. Ghouls massacre everyone over the course of a few days. "They deserved it" he said, I slay him. And some how I lose karma.

I imagine that's there so you lose karma for following Gustavo's order to just go kill the ghouls.

Haha indeed something in this game are just funny its too easy to be a god guy. "Oh I have bad karma......Here begger have 10 bottles of purified water and NOW Iam the best guy around." its just amazing I tell you I want a game where your choices actully effect things in the game world. Hummmmmmm