Renaming plugins

Wonksters

Sure - I do the same to have some kind of organisation, I really wish there was some kind of category or filter system in NMM. Just click once on a mod name to select a mod, then click again to rename it. I prefix everything with things like "interface - ", "environment - ", "magic - ", "NPC - ", "overhaul -", "WAC - " (for weapons, armor, clothing) just so I know what is what when I have a ton of mods in the list. Edited by acidzebra

Oh I mean not the mods, the plugin section.

Ah, misread you there, sorry. Not from within mod manager, it appears. You could rename the esp/esm files yourself but that seems... tricky.

No problem xD.

Do you think editing the plugins.txt will change it? Will it have any effect on the mod itself?

Well that's the tricky thing I was talking about. There's the actual filename of the esp/esm in the /data folder. Then there is the reference to it in appdata\local\plugins.txt - and NMM keeps its own list in loadorder.txt in the same folder. Messing around with all these for what to me seems like little benefit seems, well, tricky :)