Recommend a BOUND WEAPON mod?

jyujinkai

Hi there, I am a newish skyrim player, as only just got a pc able to really play it and I am interested in finding a mod to boost BOUND WEAPONS. As you know, bound weapons become less and less usable as you level up and I am a RPG player at heart and would greatly like to keep my character "true" to itself and only use bound weapons or other magical weapons.

I looked at nexus and there is simply a huge selection of mods about this and most seam abandoned or the discussion has tons of complaints saying they are not working.

I was hoping you might be able to recommend one.

What I am looking for is a bound weapon mod that has scaling in it somehow so the bound weapons stay competitive to the corporal counterparts.

Basically I just want to have my mage use bound weapons instead of needed to eventually learn swords and stuff like a common barbarian!

Thanks again

From what I know, bound weapon damage increases with the corresponding weapon perk - so for bound sword, the one handed skill tree. So barbarian or not, you may want to invest in that :) (or archery if you favor the bow)

Fortify one-handed effects on worn items will also increase bound sword damage.

This sounds like a fun small little project, let me see what I can whip up. I'm thinking double casting cost, double base damage, and adept instead of novice level.

From what I know, bound weapon damage increases with the corresponding weapon perk - so for bound sword, the one handed skill tree. So barbarian or not, you may want to invest in that :) (or archery if you favor the bow)

Fortify one-handed effects on worn items will also increase bound sword damage.

This sounds like a fun small little project, let me see what I can whip up. I'm thinking double casting cost, double base damage, and adept instead of novice level.

most of the abandoned projects use a new skill you can learn in the conjurer tree that increases dmg based , and i saw one that had points that increased the ethereal value ot make it phase tough armour.. so ignoring % armour value.. I'm not a modder so wouldn't know the best way to go about it.

most of the abandoned projects use a new skill you can learn in the conjurer tree that increases dmg based , and i saw one that had points that increased the ethereal value ot make it phase tough armour.. so ignoring % armour value.. I'm not a modder so wouldn't know the best way to go about it.

That's all a little beyond my current skill. I'm just poking around making duplicates, then adjusting stats to match. Which hopefully keeps it simple, and therefore manageable. Almost ready for some testing.

Well, you could give this a try - it's my first attempt at anything like this so it might eat your Skyrim. It adds a Greater Bound Bow, Greater Bound Axe, Greater Bound Sword with corresponding double-cost spelltomes and double base damage/casting cost, and a slight increase in effects (+15 seconds on turn undead, +3 seconds on soul trap if you have the conjuration perks to match). This may all be horribly unbalanced; I don't know. The only change to vanilla records is that it adds them to the corresponding adept/expert leveled item lists.

I really recommend you get a copy of the creation kit and poke around for yourself, it's pretty easy to get into and you can tweak spells to your liking.

If you like how this simple mod works, let me know and I'll slap it on the nexus, then abandon it like all the other authors :P

Now back to the important stuff: building awesome dungeons.

Edited by acidzebra

empowered magic says it does a lot for bound weapons, but i never use them so i don't know exactly how much it adds.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/11139

I have tried yours and while I appreciate your effort and skill, witch is far beyond mine... the mod is just not polished enough for me.. I simply can not live with out my glowly ethereal auras on the weapons.

empowered magic says it does a lot for bound weapons, but i never use them so i don't know exactly how much it adds.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/11139

I have tried yours and while I appreciate your effort and skill, witch is far beyond mine... the mod is just not polished enough for me.. I simply can not live with out my glowly ethereal auras on the weapons.

it's not mine, it's leasm's.

edit; i just looked at it in ck. seems to add an extra level to bound weapons equivalent to dragonbone, then give you 30% more if your mp pool is mostly full.

Edited by jack013