LOD won't start generating

Galejro

That can happen if CK doesn't like a mesh or a texture in your data folder. I will also refuse to load Cells that contain these items. The only problems is that CK doesn't tell you what file causes the problems.

But I use only ingame assets to do LODs if that's the case CK doesn't allow to use the very assets Fallout 4 was made on... WTF

But at least I know it's not the esp file thanks.

Edited by Galejro

You can use procmon to try and identify the offending mesh file. Define a filter based on CK process name*, enable event logging, start the LOD gen process and then check the last few files CK accessed before hanging up.

This is also helpful if the game CTDs on loading a broken NIF or texture. It's is often a much faster way to identify the culprit than the divide-and-conquer method of repeatedly removing half the files from a bunch of folders until the game stops CTDing.

* If the LOD generator runs as a separate process, find it's name and use that for the filter

First, I don't think you're supposed to tick "Tree Flats".

Second, if you only need Static Object LOD (which includes trees), you can try xLODGen, which does provide error messages when it encounters a mesh it doesn't like.