Dishonored. Mods?

kronaras

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

OK truthfully I have no idea where I should post this but I'm sure The Powers That Be will place this in its appropriate location.

One mod I'd LOVE to see.. if possible, is one that changes the sigil on your left hand to a symbol appropriate to the weapon / power you currently have active rather than just the generic Outsider glyph.

• 4 weeks later...

theoretically, UDK (Unreal Development Kit) is free for download and Dishonored is made in Unreal engine/UDK, so if someone could find the game's data files, they could probably/maybe be opened and edited, to even make addons?

Not sure though, I've got UDK, and have been looking into it for an hour or two so far, but I couldn't find them. Anyone has an idea where they could be, or... pointers of whether this could be possible? Or are the files compiled so the UDK cannot open them again? I remember that in all the Unreal Tournament games the system was pretty open for modding, so I'd guess the only thing really standing in the way would be steam's obfuscation of where things are...?

(I would be very interested in making a mod/prototype of one for Dishonored, so if anyone knows any info I would be most grateful)

• 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It badly needs to be modded. The textures are generally awful apart from faces. That is not to knock the developers who have done an amazing job But I dont much like the game. Only a number of mods could help. The UI is abomnible snowman. The game is more like Brink than Skyrim or Oblivion. The interactivity object wise is no where near as good as Deus Ex part 1 so far. This needs redevelopment to be more like RPG insread of a linear hybrid of Tomb Raider, Assassins Creed and a bit of Blink. It tried to take from Call of Cthulhu but is no where near so creepy. I did not find it fun so far and do not yet see what the fuss is really about. When I first played Oblivion it was jawdropping. Skyrim the same. This is better than Creed but I would rather be playing something like Sleeping Dogs or modded Oblivion than this so far. Deeply disappointed. Requires modding so bad.

I'm sorry but you've no clue as to what you're talking about, this game is in no way "_linear_" you need to play it multiple times to truely appreciate the game. It's quite extraordinary.

• 3 weeks later...

I've downloaded a couple of mods for it to improve the enb, also to improve the powers by strength, and of course, who can forget the illustrious nudity mods? LOL

But, yes there are mods out there for Dishonored. Just Google them or look them up by name.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...