Whats a solid ENB mod for a 560 GTX?

wsejack

Ive been looking around and i cant find an enb mod that isnt wildly over the top, i tried one that looked right and it was like someone clusterbomed my screen with fuzz.

ontop of that it droped my fps down from its capped 60 (lame, you would think if you took off virticle sync it would take the cap off) to about 15...

Right now ive been getting by, by enabling the SSAO on the nvidia cpanel options but ive allways wanted to try an ENB.

Does anyone know a good one that a budget card like mine can handel without any serious fps drop. I get about 50 to the capped 60 now with the ssao on the nvidia pannel enabled and about 30 in the swamp outside of solitude.

I am looking for one that dosent make it pitch black as well as dosent clusterf*ck my frame rate, All i realy want is the cool lighting effects, no color correction or added DOF or any crap like that.

Does anyone know of a good one?

PS I have the 2 gigabyte superclocked fermi gtx 560... dunno if that matters between the regular much in the regard for what enb hits performance wise.

Why not start with the default ENB you got from Boris' site and look into what makes it tick, namely the enbseries.ini file? It has a massive amount of settings you can tweak, and probably should. Your card is fine. Once you have a bit of a grasp on what you like, you can look at other user's settings and files and adapt as you see fit, taking the good bits, leaving the rest out.

You can use ENB customizer to turn features on or off on the fly without having to exit skyrim.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/17400

Or have a look at ENB evolved, it tries to add enhancements without going overboard:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/23765

But even there - ENB customizer to tweak to your liking.

Edited by acidzebra

just out of question, how do i use the customiser in game??? do i have to tab out?

Also, i cant seem to run it without SIGNIFIGANTLY reducing my frame rate and over darkening everything, is there a way to JUST enable the ssao? without changing the vanilla settings on anything else?

See if i run the NVIDIA one i was getting 55 as a low with ssao, but if i ran enb i was getting 30 to 40, in most games 40 would be fine but with the epic mouse lag and controll lag of this game 40 just isnt good enough.

I thought ENB's SSAO was supposed to be faster than NVIDIAs. Thats all I realy want, ive given up making darker nights that dont look like your looking through a tinted window or anything like that but i realy just want the ssao.

Edited by wse_jack

Yes to the tab out question. Tab out, make changes, save, tab back, then hit backspace to reload ENB with the new settings. The other default hotkeys are SHIFT+F12 to turn ENB on/off, SHIFT+HOME for FPS limiter (from http://enbdev.com/do...im_input_en.htm )

I've just done a completely vanilla reinstall because I'm building a dungeon mod which I want to look good in vanilla with no extras, so I can't check for you right now (I'm a lazy man) but try changing your enbseries.ini to the following

[EFFECT]

UseOriginalPostProcessing=true/false (play with these settings)

UseOriginalObjectsProcessing=true/false (play with these settings)

EnableBloom=false

EnableAdaptation=false

EnableAmbientOcclusion=true

EnableDepthOfField=false

EnableDetailedShadow=true

EnableSunRays=false

EnableSkyLighting=true

[sSAO_SSIL]

UseIndirectLighting=true

UseComplexIndirectLighting=true <- extra FPS hit

Try toggling the "original...processing" and see what it does. The bold lines are the SSAO settings, I think.

Also, from the ENB page, I assume you read and set this:

bFloatPointRenderTarget=1 must be set in SkyrimPrefs.ini file to make this mod work. Start SkyrimLauncher.exe to configure your video options again.

To work correctly, sky lighting require rendering objects to shadow, so edit manually following lines in file SkyrimPrefs.ini:

bTreesReceiveShadows=1

bDrawLandShadows=1

bShadowsOnGrass=1

I've no idea which SSAO is supposed to be faster, I've got a couple of ATI cards at the moment, I might switch back to NVIDIA when I upgrade next year. With the two 5770s I have right now most ENBs are too heavy for my system.

Edited by acidzebra

Don't forget to tab into the menu before alt+tabbing out or you'll end up with the dreaded double cursor bug. And then alt+tab twice to get back into game.

ENB Customizer is awesome. You might also want to check out Guide to ENB series mods.

I have a GTX 560 2GB and I've never yet found an enb where I can use SSAO, it just drags down my fps. Currently using Vibrant ENB with SSAO and DoF disabled. Averaging 40 fps outside and 60 fps inside.

Don't forget to tab into the menu before alt+tabbing out or you'll end up with the dreaded double cursor bug. And then alt+tab twice to get back into game.

ENB Customizer is awesome. You might also want to check out Guide to ENB series mods.

I have a GTX 560 2GB and I've never yet found an enb where I can use SSAO, it just drags down my fps. Currently using Vibrant ENB with SSAO and DoF disabled. Averaging 40 fps outside and 60 fps inside.

Thats what im getting with ssao on and all those others off, not worth it, the mouselag is too great at 40, ive fallen in love with double punching 2 guys on oposite sides of me then whipping back and slashing them both back before hammering them one slash per, whilst punching the other as i switch then finaly doing them both in with my kill move mod... allmost makes up for the bad animation... cant do that with 40 fps's mouse lag. Shouldent BE mouselag after you turn off vsync... but hey, if bethesda knew how to write code... well there may not be a forum.

I suppose Ill just have to sit with the Nvidia ssao then.

I wounder if you yourself might do better by turning the nvidia ssao on to performance, use your enb to unf*ck all the other stuff and get nvidias help to bring the game into the modern age.

i have a nvidea 560 gt card, and i am using Unbleak ENB with 40 frapps, its not too dark, no lagg, http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/thumbsup.gif Dungeons are not dark at all. I really like this setting, and i take allot of photos.

sandy

i have a nvidea 560 gt card, and i am using Unbleak ENB with 40 frapps, its not too dark, no lagg, http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/thumbsup.gif Dungeons are not dark at all. I really like this setting, and i take allot of photos.

sandy

UNbleak looks pretty amaizing, what settings are you running. looks like its gottal lot of bs that i might need to turn off, but just woundering.