When did you first learn children are immortal?

LordSarcasm

Every Skyrim player has a point where they first discover that children are immortal. Even if you had read it before in the development, you know that you tried to find out for yourself. Because the kids in Skyrim are absolutely f***ing annoying! Eventually you get to the last snarky comment from little-miss-mouth in Whiterun before you just want to open up with everything you have.

I was in Windhelm with Lydia and we broke into the Aretino kid's place. I was disgusted when I found out that he wanted me to go assassinate sombody, and was in a room full of blood and the remains of human beings. So I pulled my sword and tried to separate the kid's head from his shoulders. Imagine my surprise when I find out he IS immortal!

No, I haven't tried to kill them myself....I wish a mod would come out in which my Dovahkin could give the brats a good hard clip under the ear and put them in their place...but alas people seem to be more interested in murdering the whole lot of them.....Anyway if "kill' is what you want, that's easily enough done....I completely wipe out the TG in my games....just using console to remove their essential status and unlock the Cistern Door...is a damned good fight to be had... :biggrin: ....Just a shame a good hiding with permanent effects...like the kids shutting the hell up, is much harder to implement.

There is a kid and a mother in a mill or something outside Riften. I broke in for some reason and when he woke up I decided to hit him, and it failed spectacularly. Making the run around screaming like idiots is counterproductive to my plans. :/

I learned within my first couple hours of playing back in November simply to see if you could. I really don't want any NPC to get killed because it leaves the world barren. I used to use the killable children mod, but then I found out that children will play adult animations if you remove their child status, and you'll see them become gigantic monsters when cooking or using the alchemy labs, and since I never killed them anyways, I stopped using that mod.

Immortal is the right word. They are beyond essential because they can't even take damage. Seems pretty ridiculous that a game that tries to be more realistic would add children and then break the entire purpose to take some kind of moral stance. Like murdering an adult is acceptable but children aren't? Whoever made that decision was a real pansy. They must have been trying to spare people the heart break of watching a child get swallowed whole by a dragon. I remember watching Ralofs nephew get flamed to death by a dragon. I felt so bad for him, I just had to bring him back to life. That's probably when I realized that the mod was pointless to have.

what I really really don`t understand is why

1. make children completly un `hurtable`

then and here is the great touch that someone in bethedsa scipted and implimented

2. make them sass and insult the player

I love bethesda games but that is really really bad

Shortly after making it to Riverwood, the character I was roleplaying encountered the kid who says "You're new around here so I'll go easy on you but don't get on my bad side." My character perceived this as a threat and proceeded to defend himself. Unfortunately he couldn't defend himself against the entire village.