Skyrim WILL NOT load :(

hannah92

Recently I have been coming across a number of issues after installing Hearthfire. Each problem I encountered I fixed. Now I have a bug which is causing my Skyrim save files to become stuck on the loading screen. All the loading screens and previews of models work but the game refuses to load.

Please help! :)

Exact same problem here. It is driving me INSANE. I found out I can fix it by doing Ctr+Alt+Del, and opening task manager and then doing Alt + Tab back to skyrim, and it will be fine. But I have to do that almost every time I load something.

I've had that issue happen periodically, always as a result of recent changes to the mod configuration. And it has only applied to exterior saves. You did not indicate if it's only for exterior saves. Interior saves have always loaded for me, regardless of how messed up the game became.

Ah erm yeah the save is Exterior, I have 246 Mods activated and I will say this is the first time I have had issues, since Hearthfire that is.

In off to bed however, its close to 3am so I will read replies in the morning.

Edited by hannah92

So it is exterior. I hope that you keep a decent number of saves around. One way to deal with this is to find an interior save for that character, load it, then without exiting the game, immediately load the exterior save. That almost always works for me. Make sure you have interior saves periodically. I have about the same number of active mods, and I've had this problem many, many times over the months I've had the game, so you have been more fortunate than I if this is your first encounter with it.