A little help fixing bugs in my mod....

Deleted2746547User

You only use one of your declared variables, which is not really a problem.

Good to know blove, thanks.

Ok, this works like a gem::::

Cool, glad you got everything working.

I'm going to post a second script I'm working with that is causing problems to see if/what glaring stands out. but I have one question: should I when cleaning up clutter in an area - not only disable but mark for delete or does it matter? I've been doing that because my assumption has been that disable doesnt stop it from bein loaded, and thus adds one more drag to the system. Is that correct?

I think if you don't mark it for deletion it's adding to player save game bloat.

As far as the clutter being loaded, I think disable knocks out the rendering & AI, but they are still in memory.

So just to make sure I understand: if I have game clutter "enabled" by an x marker ref. and when I run the script to disable and delete the xmarker ref... would it also delete all the items enabled by it? Just so I make sure I have it right in the beginning.

THANK YOU

I'm going to post a second script I'm working with that is causing problems to see if/what glaring stands out. but I have one question: should I when cleaning up clutter in an area - not only disable but mark for delete or does it matter? I've been doing that because my assumption has been that disable doesnt stop it from bein loaded, and thus adds one more drag to the system. Is that correct?

I think if you don't mark it for deletion it's adding to player save game bloat.

As far as the clutter being loaded, I think disable knocks out the rendering & AI, but they are still in memory.

So just to make sure I understand: if I have game clutter "enabled" by an x marker ref. and when I run the script to disable and delete the xmarker ref... would it also delete all the items enabled by it? Just so I make sure I have it right in the beginning.

THANK YOU

If you're using enable parents, everything that's parented to it will be disabled/enabled with it. I don't think you want to use markfordelete, unless you're using placeatme.

THANK YOU

If you're using enable parents, everything that's parented to it will be disabled/enabled with it. I don't think you want to use markfordelete, unless you're using placeatme.

Question though: if I only disable the reference that "enables" it - won't all the clutter still be loaded into memory even though it will never be used again in the savegame? Is there another way to remove the ref and its clutter completely once disabled?

...Ran it through Cipscis (THANKS BLOVE): and it gave me errors on:

1. Unknown function for: Getweight, ListGetFormIndex, GetInventoryObject, GetType

You have the Fallout New Vegas radio button selected. Unfortunately it seems that the FNV part of the Validator is not valid... Verified using a script from one of my mods for FNV. It shows unknown functions for GetBaseObject and GetType when FNV is selected but does not when the Fallout 3 radio button is selected.

...Ran it through Cipscis (THANKS BLOVE): and it gave me errors on:

1. Unknown function for: Getweight, ListGetFormIndex, GetInventoryObject, GetType

You have the Fallout New Vegas radio button selected. Unfortunately it seems that the FNV part of the Validator is not valid... Verified using a script from one of my mods for FNV. It shows unknown functions for GetBaseObject and GetType when FNV is selected but does not when the Fallout 3 radio button is selected.

Do you have any suggestions on how I could fix it... ? Basically I'm just trying to 1. make sure the player has nvse (i guess i could drop this part though). 2. let the player put items into a container and compare what he put there against an item list. the items that are on the list get their weight measured (whatever value they have in geck) and once the player hits ok.... the items are changed to metalresources which the player can then take. Items not on the list just get destroyed.

It's either that way, or if I can figure out how RTS does it when you collect scrap. Anyway, thoughts? BTW - THANK YOU AGAIN.

Question though: if I only disable the reference that "enables" it - won't all the clutter still be loaded into memory even though it will never be used again in the savegame? Is there another way to remove the ref and its clutter completely once disabled?

Pretty sure only persistent refs stay in the save game, if that's what you mean by memory.

Only the enable parent need be persistent.

Do you have any suggestions on how I could fix it... ? Basically I'm just trying to 1. make sure the player has nvse (i guess i could drop this part though). 2. let the player put items into a container and compare what he put there against an item list. the items that are on the list get their weight measured (whatever value they have in geck) and once the player hits ok.... the items are changed to metalresources which the player can then take. Items not on the list just get destroyed.

Namaskar did you get powerup installed? Run the new script through it. I load the nvse support by this shortcut;

"xxxyour new vegas game directory herexxx\nvse_loader.exe" -editor

this should give us the specific line numbers that are tripping up the script.

Namaskar did you get powerup installed? Run the new script through it. I load the nvse support by this shortcut;

"xxxyour new vegas game directory herexxx\nvse_loader.exe" -editor

this should give us the specific line numbers that are tripping up the script.

I did, let me get back into it again. I'm a little reticent though: last time I used powerup it caused an issue in my mod.... that took me a couple of hours and a lot of headache to correct. But i will be back!

Pretty sure only persistent refs stay in the save game, if that's what you mean by memory.

Only the enable parent need be persistent.

OK, HERE IS WHERE I AM NOW>>>>

I deleted the references to the NVSE check. I will just put a big disclaimer that you need NVSE installed to work everything properly.

The error power up is giving me when I try to save is: Line 25 - mismatched begin/end block - Line 25

Scn BlackbriarMetalizerScript

Short Button
Short Status
Short Total
Short Num
Short Count
Short Type
Float Weight
Float TotalWeight
Float MetalResources
Ref rItem

Begin onActivate

If Status == 0
       ShowMessage BlackbriarMetalizerMesg; tells you what the metalizer does
       Set Status to 1
endif

End

Begin GameMode

If Status == 0
       Return
elseif Status == 1
       Set Button to GetButtonPressed
       If Button == -1 
               Return
       elseif Button == 0
               If Status  == 1
                       Set Status to 2
                       Set Total to GetNumItems
                       Set Num to 0
                       Set metalResources to GetWeight SpareParts
                       ;PrintToConsole "Total is %.0f" Total
                       Return
               else
                       RemoveAllItems
               endif
       elseif Button == 1
               Activate Player 0
       endif
       Set Status to 0
elseif Status == 2
       If Num < Total && Total != 0
               Set rItem to GetInventoryObject Num     
               Set Type to GetType rItem
               If Type == 40 || Type == 41 || ListGetFormIndex BlackbriarMetalItemsList rItem != -1
                       Set Weight to GetWeight rItem
                       Set Count to GetItemCount rItem
                       Set Weight to Weight * Count
                       Set TotalWeight to TotalWeight + Weight
                       ;PrintToConsole "%.0f Transforming %.0f %n into %.2f wg of scrap." Num Count ritem weight
               endif
               Set Num to Num + 1
               Return
       else
               If TotalWeight >= BlackbriarMetalResources
                       ;PrintToConsole "Totalweight is %.2f and Scrap metal is %.2f" TotalWeight BlackbriarMetalResources
                       RemoveAllItems
                       Set Count to TotalWeight / BlackbriarMetalResources
                       AddItem SpareParts Count
                       Set TotalWeight to TotalWeight - ( Count * BlackbriarMetalResources )
                       ;PrintToConsole "%.2f wg left over" TotalWeight
               endif
               Set Status to 0
       endif
endif