New music for GNR?

HoboHunter

At the moment, we can't add new tracks as such. However, I reckon that if we editted one of the current tracks to include a transition to a second track, it would in effect add a new piece of music. This removes the randomness factor, and legal issues are a problem, as only copyright free music could be used. If you can direct me to some suitable 50s copyright free and free to use music, in ogg or mp3 format, I will have a go.

:P I think it's against the Nexus rules anyway to host copyrighted content, it may get them in trouble. I have made the necessary modifications to try and add an extra song onto the start of Roy Brown's "Butcher", which plays on GNR, but I haven't heard it yet. I'm not sure if the station now refuses to play that song at all, or if my luck has prevented the song from coming around. I'll do a few more hours of "testing" to try and fix this.

As far as I know, the game specifically calls up certain audio files to play from the folder. So while you could add that folder, (Just to let you know, the file structure is "sound/radio/licensedtracks/*SONGNAME*.wav") I doubt it will play it. However, I'm sure if we got a Kit someone could fashion a folder like that.

Archived