making a custom corset for UNP body

deebingo

So I noticed in Vanilla Skyrim that when a female player uses the barkeep wench outfit it loads a different body mesh than the default one with "smooshed" breasts to show the effect of the tight corset deforming the mass there. Test it out and you will see that geometry in the chest area is pushed up and in as compared to the neutral position they are in when using other clothing. I am trying to create a custom corset for use with the UNP body but don't want to use the Vanilla body at all. So do I have to deform the UNP mesh to "smoosh" the breasts in a 3D program such as Max/Maya or Blender and then reassign the rig to this new body? Also, how does Skyrim go about picking the right body to use with the outfit; do I have to assign a specific body mesh for it to display somewhere in the armor properties in the CK? Excuse my noob questions as I have never modded anything from scratch before and don't know the pipeline for the rigging/skinning and such. Many thanks in advance.

Any time you swap armor or clothing, you're also swapping the body mesh. If you load up an armor/clothing nif in 3ds max or nifskope, you'll see the armor and the body it fits around. If you install UNP, you'll also notice that clothing and armor are still all using vanilla bodies because that's how they were created. In that case you can install something like UNP Female Armors by exeter.

If you wanted to create your own clothing for UNP, I wouldn't smoosh anything. Just import the femalbody_0.nif into your 3d program and fit the mesh around the body. Or if you want, under the UNP miscellaneous download section, there's a pushup version of the body that may be easier to work with.

I recommend having a look at nightasy's tutorials, he covers custom armor in video 17.