Papyrus Troubles

Gabryal

I've been trying to teach myself scripts, and found papyrus slow going, mostly because the tutorials haven't really helped me much. Some of the things I'm -trying- to get done are the following.

~Get my new NPC's ( redo's off Housecarls in appearance, classes, and gear ) to equip their armor upon load. I'm seeming to have trouble with getting the defaultEquipUponLoad to target all the gear in the NPC's inventory. I'm avoiding creating default outfits because I want the NPC's to not default back to their outfits if better gear ( or no gear ) is currently in their inventory.

~Having trouble with scripts to add perks/spells based on NPC level vs just starting with them.

~Any tidbit that people might give me. I have a WIP involving player activated spawns within a cell outside of the skyrim default cell, using an item in the player's inventory granted by a quest. This isn't absolutely essential, but my WIP is slow going as I slog my way through the scripts I'm trying to write without much knowledge on the subject.

Essentially this is a plea for help from veteran modders so that this player can add to the list of excellent mods out there, and to follow in the footsteps of other modders out there who have added so much wonderful content to a game I would long ago have abandoned without them.

Cheers and Thanks in Advance.