GECK misbehaving

ginnyfizz

As it happens, this is a problem I have been having with both Fallout 3 AND Fallout New Vegas GECKs since my recent reinstall after rig rebuild.

I am not planning on doing anything radical with either game, but I have some nice meshes and textures that I want to make a custom race from. Easy, you might say. Copy an existing race, call it by the name of your new race and shove in the new meshes and textures. After all I could always do that before....

Errr...no can do. When I right click on an existing race there is simply no option to copy/duplicate.

I am on Win 7 64 bit with an 8 core processor and have actually managed to make FO3 behave itself and run at last. Am completely baffled and have had to resort to editing one of the races from an existing race mod that I use, which I really didn't want to do.

Doesn't matter whether I use the GECK power up or not, it still won't work.

Can anyone advise what can be done here?

ginnyfizz - Hello!

"When I right click on an existing race there is simply no option to copy/duplicate."

Where are you right clicking?

Because with the Races you have to double left click on one first in the Object Window - Race, a window will come up with all the Races in it, you can right click on those & select Duplicate.

Only thing I can think of. :)

Hope this helps!

Prensa