Smoking?

tavtav

• 3 weeks later...
I'd love to see this implemented, even the basic "wearable" smoke (instead of glasses perhaps?) would make me a happy man. I'd originally envisioned my Wastelander constantly having a smoke or cigar lodged in his gob for extra badassery effect, and it doesn't seem like a too complex thing to implement all things considered, at least not the wearable version. It's probably easier said than done though, but one can only hope eh?

If it was done as a drug it should have a short term effect I smoke a cig about every one to two hours

so it should wear off so you would probalty get withdrawal in only a few hours.

As far as effects it realy only helps me relax but so does morphine (Med-X) ingame med-x will restore hitpoints plus that would explain why someone would start smoking in the first place.

so for good effects

- restores 1 hitpoint (being relaxed you dont bleed quit as much)

withdrawal

- -1 Endurance (Cough,Cough)

- -1 Charisma (Nobody likes an ill tempered person)

Also for breaking up cartons and packs when I modded for Morrowind I used a script from the Bittercup. When you click on an item it gives you a menu of options just like traps in FO3 so looks like most of the code needed is already there.

In this case when you click on a carton you get three options

-Take (you just take the whole carton)

-Open (Get 10 packs of cigs)

-Open all packs (Get 200 individual cigs)

Packs can be done pretty much the same way.

If you wish to give less than a pack to a npc as loot just give them individual cigs.

smoking is quite easy to add , there are quite a few ways you could go about it .

snapshots of my character and wild version of bryan smoking , he smokes in the same way as jericho.

http://thenexusforums.com/index.php?act=at...ost&id=5568

http://thenexusforums.com/index.php?act=at...ost&id=5567

i will put up my .esp up in the next few weeks if someone dose not do a better job befoe hand.

perhaps even someone could take the scripts and add a better stat system.

Why not just give the Cigarettes durability like weapons/armor. Set it so theay have 20 dur and each use lowers it by 1, you could even make them repairable which is basically taking a pack with 8 smokes and putting them in a pack with 10 to get 18. Now this probably can't be done until the CS comes out but I think it would be the best way to get multiple uses.

Interesting, tavtav. As for in game effects, 'stimulant' could mean something like a boost in AP for a short while, but if you take a lot (and become addicted) it could 'sedate' you, lowering AP unless you keep using it.

That's an awesome idea. I think you should also have some minor health withdrawals as well if you become addicted. I remember the pipe smoking mod from Oblivion, which is similar to what this would be. Perhaps the coding from that could be used as a reference? If someone were to make this mod, they could probably get some help from the author of the Pipe Smoking mod.

I'd love to see this implemented, even the basic "wearable" smoke (instead of glasses perhaps?) would make me a happy man. I'd originally envisioned my Wastelander constantly having a smoke or cigar lodged in his gob for extra badassery effect, and it doesn't seem like a too complex thing to implement all things considered, at least not the wearable version. It's probably easier said than done though, but one can only hope eh?

Oh HELLS YEAH! Buff guy with muttonstache in combat armor and helmet with a cigar bud in the left side of his mouth and a pump-action shotgun! W00T!

maybe when you get addicted to smoking your run speed decreases a fair bit.

or maybe when you stop running a sound effect along the lines of someone trying desperatly to breathe and cough up a lung at the same time. (speaking from personal experience, almost a pack a day)

and it should be a negative charisma effect (would you be sweet talked by a person who's breath stunk of 200+ year old radioactive cigarettes? )

Archived