MOAR MUSIC!

Nuxes

This is #1 on my list of things that need to be improved. C'mon Bethesda, you could afford to hire Liam Neeson but you couldn't license more that a dozen songs for GNR?

Of course, copyright laws will make this difficult for modders. I'm going to look around for 40's and 50's songs that we could use, those which have had their copyright expire or something.

New music for Enclave Radio should be easy, there's plenty of uncopyrighted patriotic music out there.

I'm sure when the SDK comes out it will be possible to add more radio stations, with all kinds of music.

Please continue discussion of this in another thread that was made for this matter before this. I'm not in any way an admin, but there are several of these topics around and people won't want to have to post in three or four threads with the same post.

Here's a link to another thread of this matter. I'll post my replies from there in here.

At the moment, we can't add new tracks as such. However, I reckon that if we editted one of the current tracks to include a transition to a second track, it would in effect add a new piece of music. This removes the randomness factor, and legal issues are a problem, as only copyright free music could be used. If you can direct me to some suitable 50s copyright free and free to use music, in ogg or mp3 format, I will have a go.

I think it's against the Nexus rules anyway to host copyrighted content, it may get them in trouble. I have made the necessary modifications to try and add an extra song onto the start of Roy Brown's "Butcher", which plays on GNR, but I haven't heard it yet. I'm not sure if the station now refuses to play that song at all, or if my luck has prevented the song from coming around. I'll do a few more hours of "testing" to try and fix this.

As far as I know, the game specifically calls up certain audio files to play from the folder. So while you could add that folder, (Just to let you know, the file structure is "sound/radio/licensedtracks/*SONGNAME*.wav") I doubt it will play it. However, I'm sure if we got a Kit someone could fashion a folder like that.

Archived