zelda 1 remake crash

sreyem13

I have been working on a remake of the original zelda on NES for months now, but CTD at specific location encompasing a line of cells only (2,0(1,0). Cannot load eaglewood eagletemple or eagletest. Using no other mods and still crashes. other locations work, and older versions work; i just don't want to go back about a months worth of work. Any ideas? Edited by sreyem13

Ouch. I had my first mod corrupted in this way, never could figure out what was wrong with it. Now I religiously make backups whenever I work on one. Whiiiiich doesn't help you at all.

Some random ideas:

- grab a copy of the current tesvgecko and poke around in the records, see if there is anything odd

http://www.darkcreat.../388-tesvgecko/

(as a bonus, you'll see if you've made any dirty edits to vanilla cells)

- cut render/paste render all assets from the crashing cells to a new/alternate location, see if they work okay there and if the cells now load without crashing. If yes, you could try to repopulate from the copied one.

http://www.creationkit.com/Edit_Menu

ps I love the idea of this mod - don't give up!

Edited by acidzebra

One spot in an exterior cell? Or interior?

How big is your mod? When exactly does it crash? (just walking around, going from interior to exterior, other)

What does the render window say about memory usage when you have that cell loaded (top of the render window, X MB/ 157 MB)

One spot in an exterior cell? Or interior?

How big is your mod? When exactly does it crash? (just walking around, going from interior to exterior, other)

What does the render window say about memory usage when you have that cell loaded (top of the render window, X MB/ 157 MB)

Exterior cell problems only, when walking into problem cells-Mod crashes when entering a certain group of cells; I used to have problems connecting exterior with interior. ,

my mod is the size of -12/8 to 12/-3

memory usage in one of the problem cells is 52.75MB/152MB

I get a warning when trying to save saying: "Assert- line 1051 too many triangles in bsnavmeshbounds."

Edited by sreyem13

I get a warning when trying to save saying: "Assert- line 1051 too many triangles in bsnavmeshbounds."

The mem usage seems to be within normal bounds.

After googling a bit for " too many triangles in bsnavmeshbounds" I kinda gave up - too much blah, not enough good information.

You could try killing off your existing exterior navmeshes (enter navmesh mode, zoom out, select all, delete) and saving.

Or open the mod in tesvgecko and delete the record directly under "navigation" and then save. (make a backup first!)

Edited by acidzebra

After googling a bit for " too many triangles in bsnavmeshbounds" I kinda gave up - too much blah, not enough good information.

You could try killing off your existing exterior navmeshes (enter navmesh mode, zoom out, select all, delete) and saving.

Or open the mod in tesvgecko and delete the record directly under "navigation" and then save. (make a backup first!)

There are no navmesh in the exterior to delete.

BSNAVMESHBOUNDS sounds like it is the problem, though. My mod crashes as soon as i attempt to enter the bounds of the cells causing the crash. I can load the mod outside in other cells, but crashes within the cells that are causing the crash.

Got it to work;thanks for you help! i deleted all objects first plus navmesh. Now I have to repopulate the cells, but its better than starting over a month ago.

I am currently working on the land of Hyrule according to the map in the original NES game. I have music based on the original score recorded and waiting to be added, a working lost woods, and 1st dungeon completed, and land lod so death mountain cn be see from a far. Currently working on scripting for triggers to caves and traps, .

Again, thanks for your help!

Another question in case you or anyone may know about traps- how can I get a boulder trap to reset?

Edited by sreyem13