The Austere Archer

CalibanX

I've been thinking about High Elves and the Thalmor lately. And about Archer builds. I imagine that the High Elves would, next to magic, have an aesthetic preference for archery above other martial arts. It's elegant, ranged and not as messy and vulgar as close quarters melee combat. Archery just seems so much more suited for the non-Magic using High Elves. Using Archery and ranged magic is an expression of their distaste and condescension of other races. Their enemies are not to be dealt with up close with barbaric Axes and furs. That would assume that they stand as equals with the filthy barbarians on the field of combat. Dispatching the uncouth dullards from afar would be the natural inclination for the High Elf mentality. For this reason, I think it would be cooler if the Thalmor Inquisitors in Skyrim were accompanied by Archers instead of Sword wielders. Also, an Austere Archer would not lower themselves to crouching or trying to be stealthy, so they would be very different in play style from their hunting-expert Wood Elf cousins.

Has anyone out there made a High Elf (non-stealthy) Archer character? Was it viable?