Adjustable Gender Ratios

GeneralArmchair

I personally hate the gears-of-war style bodies they gave the male troopers...

This. Not all men are hulking giant muscle masses awaiting bullets. I do hope someone will give us more variety in this.

Good luck!

Agree, damn, i'm really pissed off about the way they look (they look so non human)

Well, atleast they didn't make the female soldiers with giant boobs etc.

Since I agree with most of the above replies, here is my "Modpatcher work-around". If you set "NUM_STARTING_SOLDIERS=40", you almost always end up with 12-16 females (low/high ranges that I saw were 10/19) and you can then dismiss all the males. The only drawback is that you may not end up with any ' female Squadie promotions" from the starting mission. IMO, a small price to pay for getting rid of the hulks.

I've already made the same request, mostly because of the way the male soldiers look (AKA gears of war style hulks) The regular "civilian" soldiers look soo much better than their xcom male counterparts. Lets hope fireaxis makes those moding tools! Or if anyone has any other ideas, would be really pleased to know.

Uhh, I don't know if you missed what I said, but, for this, modding tools aren't required. I already did it and posted the modded files earlier in the thread. (The links are around the middle of the post.)

Or, did you see that and it didn't work for you?

I've already made the same request, mostly because of the way the male soldiers look (AKA gears of war style hulks) The regular "civilian" soldiers look soo much better than their xcom male counterparts. Lets hope fireaxis makes those moding tools! Or if anyone has any other ideas, would be really pleased to know.

Uhh, I don't know if you missed what I said, but, for this, modding tools aren't required. I already did it and posted the modded files earlier in the thread. (The links are around the middle of the post.)

Or, did you see that and it didn't work for you?

Nah, the problem is that i want male soldiers, but NORMAL male soldiers. Or does the mod also fix their hulking body mass too?

This hulking look issue at males come from the armor models alone. Just compare Basic Armor/Carapace with Skeleton armor on males. Males look fine in Skeleton. No idea where to set the scale of armor models at moment but maybe someone else figures it out and fixes it for those who feel disturbed by it.