Arrow damage relative to body part hit

JeremeW5257

There may already be a mod for this, but I haven't found it.

The damage done by arrows should depend on where the person/enemy is struck. For example, an arrow to the head would be an instant kill to any human...regardless of arrow hit damage. A shot to the arm would keep an enemy from swinginging a sword with that arm, or drawing a bow...but not kill them, no matter the arrow hit damage. A shot to the leg would prevent them from standing, walking, or running...but not kill them either. The only "kill" shots (besides the instant kill head shot), would be to the main torso area. The number of arrows causing a kill would be linked to the arrow hit damage.

If you want to take it further, the damage done to enemies should depend on the type of armor worn and arrows used. An iron arrow would only kill enemies wearing iron armor or less (leather, hide...). Steel arrows would only kill enemies wearing steel plate armor and less. This would go up to Daedric arrows which would kill anything.

You could come up with some sort of similar system applied to animals and non-humans. Iron arrows only kill wolves, mud crabs, and smaller animals. Steel arrows could kill bears, elk, and larger animals. Warewolves would only be killed by silver arrows (could craft with silver ingots). Vampires would only be killed with arrows dipped in holy water (bought from priests at temples). Dragons would only be killed with dragon bone arrows...things like this.

This would be a very ambitious mod, but would add so much to the immersion of an archer player. Lastly, the arrows should have weights, since they are not weightless in real life.

Also, if you get an instant sneak kill...either head shot or strong enough arrow to the torso...it doesn't notify every other enemy within the cell that you are there. It always seems strange to me that someone in another room knows if you take down someone with a sneak kill.

IT'S JUST A FLESHWOUND!!!

http://i46.tinypic.com/20qjb84.jpg

(sorry, I couldn't resist)

I know VATS in fallout has a lot of info about where someone is damaged; I've always wondered why this wasn't put to use in Skyrim. Not the "vault-tec assisted targting" part obviously, but the whole "this hit is here, this hit is there, this limb gets severed..."

It always seems strange to me that someone in another room knows if you take down someone with a sneak kill

I hear ya, I was building a tower using the imperial kit and people from two floors up in a closed room came running down to avenge my insta-kill. Made for a hairy situation, too.

Edited by acidzebra