Alternate Soldier Voices

Anbar

Coz the game is international if we had the scripts it wouldn't be too hard to get audio for the different accents would it? I mean I could easily do Japanese female myself and other people could do their own nationality and gender. Even if the voice acting was only average it would still be cool I think.

Coz the game is international if we had the scripts it wouldn't be too hard to get audio for the different accents would it? I mean I could easily do Japanese female myself and other people could do their own nationality and gender. Even if the voice acting was only average it would still be cool I think.

its not that simple, in fact its quite tricky.

The best way forward atm is to use the international languages already done, howveer without a way to change the object_reference within the .upk file I dont see a way forward.

...and I dont know how to do that.

tried a few alternative methods with no success...

the only thing i can say with a reasonable amount of confidence is that we can expect Voice DLC content at some point... the way the voices are listed in DefaultEngine is highly suggestive of future "no free" content to follow.... If i were a betting man i'd say voices & weapons & outfits for DLC some time down the line.

Have you seend Daemonjax advancements about including modified upk files, that could open up your project. Was looking into it myself, but I have very little spare time.

yeah its plausible to do now, but tbph from what i have seen i believe it will be out as DLC at the 30 day mark.

If it isnt i'll look back into it.

• 10 months later...

So, it's been a while since this topic has had activity. I just recently started considering modding games and am also digruntled with XCom's limited voices and haven't seen anyone fix the problem yet, so decided to try my hand. Having a love of doing impressions I've been working on some to provide my own "material" for testing. Problem is, with Gildor's UE Viewer I haven't been able to extract from the package much less the .ogg files. Just wondering if anyone's found a fix yet?