Soldier progression mod

Sgallaty

I plan on writing this as soon as I get the tools to do it but basically what I am looking for is this :

Soldiers advance to the tree that you elect. Instead of randomly promoting to sniper/heavy/assault/support

additionally all soldiers would have access to assault rifles as they do as recruits, and could put them in the second slot to use situationally.

thoughts?

I plan on writing this as soon as I get the tools to do it but basically what I am looking for is this :

Soldiers advance to the tree that you elect. Instead of randomly promoting to sniper/heavy/assault/support

additionally all soldiers would have access to assault rifles as they do as recruits, and could put them in the second slot to use situationally.

thoughts?

If you carry two heavy weapons there should be a movement penalty for balancing... IMO

What do you consider a heavy weapon? I had planned on only allowing assault rifle in the second slot.

The tradeoff of having a sniper is the fact that they are horrible when the enemy gets in close. The same tradeoff exists with the assault with a shotgun, great up close but horrible from distance... I am not saying don't do it but I definitely think it would take away that balance... And quite frankly this game is only fun because of hard decisions, if you take those away you are left with a very shallow shell.

What do you consider a heavy weapon? I had planned on only allowing assault rifle in the second slot.

The tradeoff of having a sniper is the fact that they are horrible when the enemy gets in close. The same tradeoff exists with the assault with a shotgun, great up close but horrible from distance... I am not saying don't do it but I definitely think it would take away that balance... And quite frankly this game is only fun because of hard decisions, if you take those away you are left with a very shallow shell.

Assault can use Plasma Rifle :)

But I agree with Sniper. (Plasma Pistol isn't so bad though.)

I'd love for the Heavy or Sniper to use the Assault Rifle and also love to actually PICK their class instead of the random assignment, especially for making my friend's soldiers.

Also, see about adding more and new skills to those trees. I'd love a bit more variety.

Good luck!