NWN2 Facelift Progress Thread

Xaltar

I thought it would be nice to set up a progress thread for my mod seeing as it is a rather large project and is taking me a while to get through. I will post what I am currently working on here so anyone interested can peek in from time to time and see some of what is to come in my next updates.

Tiefling - temporarily on hold, taking a bit of a break from the monotony of PC heads to work on some companions.

So, on that note here are some pics of a few things I am working on.

Companion pack:

Bevil - finalizing texture and bug checking

Neeshka - more or less complete

Elanee - complete

Orc head - still in early stages of testing and tweaking, not yet rigged properly and textures are still being refined. I thought I would have a look at doing orcs before committing to it seeing as they are by far more alien looking than the other races and required a new base model/textures/everything. Most of the other race heads I am creating use the same models I made for the human heads, edited heavily but none the less, the UVs, textures and other files are all already created. With the orcs I have to create new models so it is taking me a little more time than my other packs. So far I am quite pleased with the results so it looks very likely that I will be doing the orc heads as well.

Images attached.

Damn, 250k image quota...

Edited by Xaltar

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Has anyone here been able to clone heads as non replaceable for wood elves? I tried to create a few additional heads for my pack but only the replacing heads work, as soon as I add a new one (head 90) it broke the rigging and looked all messed up. I even tried using clonemdb to rename one that was working as a replacing head with the same result. Its almost like it requires a different skeleton for additions which makes absolutely no sense, if that were the case then why to the replacing versions work.

Maybe the exporter does not export the skeleton? That is the only thing I can think of that could explain it....

Any info on this would be appreciated.

I tried just what you said, and it didn't work for me either. I cloned P_EWF_Head01 to P_EWF_Head90, and it was broken, while the replacing versions were fine (aside from only closing their eyes halfway when they blink).

Since a single skeleton file works for a head no matter what it's named, as long as it's specified in the file, and the others that I've tried work as clones, I don't know what's going on. MDB Cloner doesn't seem to have any way of reading or changing a skeleton, so I can't see what the settings are.

Edited by Tchos

So you are saying you have been able to clone other heads to wood elf that worked? I have no idea what is going on with it and sadly I am an artist not a programmer so I can't pick apart the export scripts to figure it out...

I will try a few more tests and post my findings.

No, I haven't cloned other heads to wood elves. I converted several of the other races' heads to non-replacing versions, within the same race. I haven't tried all of them, but this wood elf experiment is the only race that has had this problem of the ones I've tried.

Cloning one of the original heads resulted in the same problem. I am at a loss. I have noticed that if I rig the whole head to the head bone it looks correct in character creation but is still frozen. The whole body, head included, freezes mid animation as soon as I switch to the cloned/saved head. I am at a total loss. Surely other people have cloned additional heads for the elves, it seems to be doing it with all of them. Really annoying.