Why Would You Vote For This Man?

Jared2500

Obama won by appealing to the patriotic and nationalist values of American peple

Hardly. In fact, the Republican National Committee went out of its way to label him as unpatriotic every chance they got.

Being charismatic doesn't make you bad just because some bad people were charasmatic. That's like saying that all timid people are dangerous because a timid kid once shot up a school.

What I found scary was that so many people responded positively to the fear-mongering by Sarah Palin and the RNC. If you want to talk about a general audience that knows nothing of politics, look no further than the crowd that booed McCain when he conceded defeat on Nov. 4.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He is SO! using nationalism of the american people, just listen to his speech, the word AMERICAN was added after every sentence

I think that's a requirement for all presidential candidates here. Hell it might be a law.

Considering the US's other option was McCain, who sounds like oven chips, and if he died (entirely possible, he isn't exactly youthfull) the US would have Sarah Palin. Can you really complain when Obama's elected? The fact that Sarah Palin can even get close to (arguably) being the most powerful person in the world frightens me. And your complaining that people voted for Obama? Jeez, it wasn't like you yanks had a great choice.

He is SO! using nationalism of the american people, just listen to his speech, the word AMERICAN was added after every sentence

I think that's a requirement for all presidential candidates here. Hell it might be a law.

Indeed. I mean, he was attempting to become leader of the nation. How do you propose becoming the leader of a country if you don't even mention the country in your speeches?

I hope you realize just how stupid that sounds. I highly doubt that people voted for him simply because he stated the country's name so many times. There may have been a few people like that but the chances of him winning because of that is so slim that it's not even worth considering.

• 3 weeks later...
I've only got two things to say, hoots.

1) Using Obama's middle name in the manner you did indicates an extremely prejudiced attitude towards Muslims.

2) We've been "spreading the wealth" for some time now. Reagan did it. McCain would have done it. Don't recite campaign slogans if you don't understand them.

er...

HUH?!?!?!

1) If you're implying a connection to Saddam, guess what? He was secular and had no love for Muslims, religion, or anything that would detract from his glory. Much like Barrack's attitude, now that I think of it.

Barrack Obama has done NOTHING in the Senate except use it as a springboard to run for president. HE NEVER EVEN DID THE JOB HE WAS ELECTED TO DO!

Namely, represent his constituants. He's been too busy representing himself. The only thing he's talked about with any authority is himself. Any "issues" he's taken a "stance" on have seen his "stance" changed repeatedly. He has no platform and no plan. Which is why he hired the Clintons and their goof troop to run things for him. He's flip-flopped so damn much it's absolutely ridiculous. AND HE'S NOT EVEN BEEN SWORN IN YET!

He's proposed "Barrack Obama Day"! hahaha HE'S NOT PRESIDENT YET! He has done nothing, NOTHING to warrant a federal holiday, or even brownie points. He's done zero.

2) That's what governments do to keep the prols content.

Newsflash people, Presidents do not affect the economy, taxes, or domestic/foreign policy. They do not start wars.

Congress does.

Like Bush's idiot smirk? Get ready for four more years of it. Now with 60% more melanin.

Considering the US's other option was McCain, who sounds like oven chips, and if he died (entirely possible, he isn't exactly youthfull) the US would have Sarah Palin. Can you really complain when Obama's elected?

Funny aside here, She has more executive experience than Obama and Biden put together. Cute, huh?

The fact that Sarah Palin can even get close to (arguably) being the most powerful person in the world frightens me.
A well trained monkey can be President here. That's what makes America great!
And your complaining that people voted for Obama? Jeez, it wasn't like you yanks had a great choice.

Sure we did. John McCain.

Gee, a citizen tortured by enemy combatants or a friend and supporter of domestic terrorists... The choice is easy.

The media elected Obama. There is NO way all the votes, electoral or otherwise, were counted that fast. I call BS. He is not my president and never will be.

I can't figure out what you're trying to say in the first part of your post, so I'll leave it be.

Newsflash people, Presidents do not affect the economy, taxes, or domestic/foreign policy. They do not start wars.

Congress does.

...which is why we haven't had a war since WWII. Officially, that is. The President can and does deploy troops to hostile countries (as in Vietnam, Korea, Iraq, and Iraq).

Considering the US's other option was McCain, who sounds like oven chips, and if he died (entirely possible, he isn't exactly youthfull) the US would have Sarah Palin. Can you really complain when Obama's elected?

Funny aside here, She has more executive experience than Obama and Biden put together. Cute, huh?

So does Rod Blagojevich. I guess it is cute, but it's certainly not useful.

The fact that Sarah Palin can even get close to (arguably) being the most powerful person in the world frightens me.
A well trained monkey can be President here. That's what makes America great!

Like George Bush. Just because an idiot can be elected president doesn't mean they should be.

Like George Bush. Just because an idiot can be elected president doesn't mean they should be.

But because they can, they will. Given enough time.

You claim his middle name is used to incite people and play on their unease toward Muslims.

I replied that Mr. Hussein did not like Muslims. Iraq's former dictator did not like anything that wasn't about him. Why do you think ultra-theocratic Iran wanted to smoke his mustachioed ass? Why do you think America propped up his regime at it's inception?

Because it was a secular state in a hostile Muslim world.

Just because you assume Americans are idiots doesn't make it so.

You claim his middle name is used to incite people and play on their unease toward Muslims.

I replied that Mr. Hussein did not like Muslims. Iraq's former dictator did not like anything that wasn't about him. Why do you think ultra-theocratic Iran wanted to smoke his mustachioed ass? Why do you think America propped up his regime at it's inception?

Because it was a secular state in a hostile Muslim world.

Indeed, you're correct. I misspoke. Using the name as such doesn't play on prejudices against Muslims; it plays on the connotations to the name provided by Saddam Hussein.

Archived