Mod Troubles

Beccy

Ok, this one is going to be a little dificult to explain, so please bear with me.

When i re-installed skyrim on my new PC recently i decided to give ENB's another go, i never had any sucsess on my old machine running them, they would destroy what little FPS i could get together. Anyway, after having huge internal arguments with DOF settings i decided i was better off with vanilla skyrims graphics on max settings rather than running ENB, however after uninstalling the ENB files i seem to be left with incredibly dark interiors, i was ok with it at first, but its really getting on my nerves now, theres too much contrast between ultra dark and some high gloss that makes certain areas look like a blurr of black and white shapes.

What i was wondering is, could there be some changes that i've missed something i've overlooked?, some changes that are made not by file copy, but by some other means?, because i know this is not how default vanilla looks, the lord only knows i played it enough :D.

I've tried adjusting the slider ingame, and it doesn't really work all that well, if i make everything dark its next to impossible to see anything inside interiors, and if i turn it right up to full brightness (which i need to to see inside any of my homes, Vanilla+hearthfire homes) it goes ultra-white and desaturated.

Any help on this topic would really be welcome, ive literally no idea what to do when it comes to this kind of stuff.

Thanks in advance,

Beccy

N.B.

Before anyone asks, i'm not currently running any lighting changing mods, heres my BOSS report :

Skyrim.esm Active

Update.esm Active

Dawnguard.esm Active

Bash Tag suggestion(s): {{BASH: Delev}}

HearthFires.esm Active

ApachiiHair.esm Active

HighResTexturePack01.esp Active

HighResTexturePack02.esp Active

Chesko_Frostfall.esp Active

Realistic Lighting.esp Active

Realistic Lighting Patcher.esp Active

BabettesFeastBalanced.esp Active

Better Alchemy Loot.esp Active

Craft, Temper, Smelt.esp Active

Decorator Assistant - SKSE.esp Active

Note: Use only one Decorator Assistant*.esp

Convenient Horses.esp Active

iHUD.esp Active

BlackSacramentArmor.esp Active

Insanity's Sorrow.esp Active

Ritual Armor of Boethiah.esp Active

Tribunal Robes by Zairaam.esp Active

Dawnspire.esp Active

proudspire manor - dragonborn edition.esp Active

SameWalkRunSpeeds.esp Active

UnreadBooksGlow.esp Active

SkyRealism - Time and Travel.esp Active

conjure_chest.esp Active

GriptzionTeleportMenuSpellv3.1.esp Active

SSAPBWK.esp Active

Teleport.esp Active

Crimson Tide - Blood.esp Active

MorePP.esp Active

Improved Eyes Skyrim.esp Active

UFO - Ultimate Follower Overhaul.esp Active

Note: For safe install need dismiss all your followers, save, delete all included mods, load again, save and install UFO. For safe uninstall or update see special instructions on mod page.

UFO - Dawnguard AddOn.esp Active

Blaze Of Eventide.esp Active

CerwidenCompanion.esp Active

Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp Active

Extended Slider Colors.esp Active

ethereal_elven_overhaul.esp Active

WATER.esp Active

GreenWaterFixForWATER.esp Active

???? You have Realistic Lighting active according to that BOSS log.

It's a new PC, so I doubt that you have any hardware fail issues but you never know. What are your specs?

I would be inclined to be brutal and uninstall Skyrim completely, that is delete all your mods, saves and ini's and use a registry cleaner to remove registry entries - CCCleaner for example.

Then reinstall the game. I personally have never had any truck with those ENB's and I have a beastly rig. I really have no idea why everyone seems to think they are a must have, and prefer to use The Imaginator to make Skyrim look less washed out without being garish.

???? You have Realistic Lighting active according to that BOSS log.

It's a new PC, so I doubt that you have any hardware fail issues but you never know. What are your specs?

I would be inclined to be brutal and uninstall Skyrim completely, that is delete all your mods, saves and ini's and use a registry cleaner to remove registry entries - CCCleaner for example.

Then reinstall the game. I personally have never had any truck with those ENB's and I have a beastly rig. I really have no idea why everyone seems to think they are a must have, and prefer to use The Imaginator to make Skyrim look less washed out without being garish.

Hey Ginnyfizz, thanks for your reply, yeah i noticed realistic lighting in the boss print but not in my data files in the launcher, thats why i brought the question here, but i've run re-installed and uninstalled lighting and its done the trick, so i'm guessing there must have been some sort of left over files or something?. anyway its sorted now.

This machine isn't exactly amazing don't get me wrong, but its more than capable of running Skyrim on ultra with the HD DLC textures. I just thought i'd give the ENB's a shot because in fairness they can make the game look nice, but i felt i was sacrificing to much in terms of enjoyment for looks, those depth of field effects look stunning for screenshots, but the motion blur during gameplay made me seasick. Thanks for your swift reply though, and thankfully its sorted now! :)

Beccy