Mod Install Requirements are unclear, I need some help please?

tails00

MOD I WANT TO INSTALL: Wasteland Engineer by Cyb3rDogX8
https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/41544?tab=description

MOD REQUIREMENTS, according to author:
CBD BaseMod AKA CBD-ModFrame.esp

LOOKING FOR: CBD BaseMod AKA CBD-ModFrame.esp

OK, I need some sleuthing for a mod requirement: CBD BaseMod.

The file isn't showing up with the Fallout 4 Nexus Mods Search with the copy and pasted non-ESP file name, and other commenters are also wondering what it might be. Does anyone else have any ideas as to what this "CBD BaseMod" requirement could be, or have the location of it?

THIS is the reason I HATE that everybody starts abbreviating mod names and assumes that others know all of the abbreviations.

CBD, could mean CyBerDog, it could mean City, Clone, Commonwealth ANYTHING, until the mod author answers all of you, which would've been nice, considering he was online today, it would help.
It could even be a mod that was taken down.

The file isn't showing up with the Fallout 4 Nexus Mods Search with the copy and pasted non-ESP file name, and other commenters are also wondering what it might be. Does anyone else have any ideas as to what this "CBD BaseMod" requirement could be, or have the location of it?

I inspected the mod plugin, there are no injections from it into the base game. currently loading up into the geck to see what else it has to offer.

I'll say this much, it's loaded with al kinds of neat things and looks good.

My guess, the plugin references were a simply blank to remove '''ehem other things from getting injected."

I'll let all of you know shortly what's needed.

EDIT: I was correct, this file name (CBD-ModFrame) is in fact a blank file used to create the mod.

Steps required t repair this malfunction:

1. install the mod
  2. Run fo4edit
  3. you will see the mod is not being loaded by fo4edit, this is ok.
  4. expand fallout4.esm and locate the pipboy Null entry and right click that as a new entry "copy too"
  5. create new esp
  6. enter this name exactly ( CBD-ModFrame )
  7. hit ctrl +s
  8. exit the editor.
  9. what ever manager your using, check the new almost blank esp file
  10. Launch the GECK and wait. Ignore all messages.
  11. Select save, Push too PC.
  12. select again save.
  13. exit the GECK
  14. remove the blank you made asin delete it.
  15. Verify the mod now loads up in fo4edit.
  16. close and run the game, you're done.

Your welcome.

Kitty Black

Edited by Purr4me

I inspected the mod plugin, there are no injections from it into the base game. currently loading up into the geck to see what else it has to offer.

I'll say this much, it's loaded with al kinds of neat things and looks good.

My guess, the plugin references were a simply blank to remove '''ehem other things from getting injected."

I'll let all of you know shortly what's needed.

EDIT: I was correct, this file name (CBD-ModFrame) is in fact a blank file used to create the mod.

Steps required t repair this malfunction:

1. install the mod
  2. Run fo4edit
  3. you will see the mod is not being loaded by fo4edit, this is ok.
  4. expand fallout4.esm and locate the pipboy Null entry and right click that as a new entry "copy too"
  5. create new esp
  6. enter this name exactly ( CBD-ModFrame )
  7. hit ctrl +s
  8. exit the editor.
  9. what ever manager your using, check the new almost blank esp file
  10. Launch the GECK and wait. Ignore all messages.
  11. Select save, Push too PC.
  12. select again save.
  13. exit the GECK
  14. remove the blank you made asin delete it.
  15. Verify the mod now loads up in fo4edit.
  16. close and run the game, you're done.

Your welcome.

Kitty Black

OK

The mod is installed, according to MO2 and FO4Edit

I'm running FO4Edit 4.02

I made sure mod isn't being loaded via FO4Edit and I made sure FALLOUT4.ESM and FALLOUT4.EXE are the only mods in FO4Edit, for ease of editing

I expanded Fallout4.esm

I cannot locate the "PIPBOY-NULL" entry

In the list of sections under "p" in the FALLOUT4.ESM, I can see:

PACKAGE

PERK

PACK-IN

and

PROJECTILE

There is no PIPBOY-NULL entry under FALLOUT4.ESM, even after running "verify Cache" for Fallout 4 inside Steam.

Is PIPBOY-NULL under any other section besides FALLOUT4.ESM?

the Mod Requirement section of the Main Description page, is their to eliminate any questions regarding mod requirements, abbreviations dont matter here because of that fact, as long as the mod author remembers to include the mod requirements in this section (which they have), and also for file, their is 2 ways to see what mods it requires, 1 on the main description page (by clicking on the Mod Requirements drop down, located directly underneath the mini description, and above the main description, Extremely Hard to Miss as all other tabs such as files are very close to it) which you should be reading anyway (saying this in general) and the second time is when you actually download the mod, both sections include a clickable link that will take you directly to the required mod nexus page.

any mod added into that section, is a clickable link, that will take you directly to the required mod(s) Nexus page, where you can easily download the required mod.

the main description page is the very first page you see when clicking on any mod, it is pretty hard to miss the Mod Requirements drop down box. as it is literally 5 spaces below the Files Tab, directly underneath the mini description (which is the description you see when viewing the mod from a mod catergory, and it is Directly above the Main Description).

Leaving this here for future reference.

the Mod Requirement section of the Main Description page, is their to eliminate any questions regarding mod requirements, abbreviations dont matter here because of that fact, as long as the mod author remembers to include the mod requirements in this section (which they have), and also for file, their is 2 ways to see what mods it requires, 1 on the main description page (by clicking on the Mod Requirements drop down, located directly underneath the mini description, and above the main description, Extremely Hard to Miss as all other tabs such as files are very close to it) which you should be reading anyway (saying this in general) and the second time is when you actually download the mod, both sections include a clickable link that will take you directly to the required mod nexus page.

any mod added into that section, is a clickable link, that will take you directly to the required mod(s) Nexus page, where you can easily download the required mod.

the main description page is the very first page you see when clicking on any mod, it is pretty hard to miss the Mod Requirements drop down box. as it is literally 5 spaces below the Files Tab, directly underneath the mini description (which is the description you see when viewing the mod from a mod catergory, and it is Directly above the Main Description).

Last updated 15 October 2019 11:31PM
Original upload 15 October 2019 11:31PM
literally 3 hours ago. at least here.
So there's no mistakes made here.
CBD-Base-Mod-at-Fallout-4-Nexus-Mods-and
Edited by Purr4me

Last updated 15 October 2019 11:31PM
Original upload 15 October 2019 11:31PM
literally 3 hours ago. at least here.

fair enough.

OK. Now that the author has finally uploaded the mod base requirements, AFTER the mod that needed them for some reason, I think we can mark my question and issue as "resolved, solved and closed".

Thanks for the quick and helpful...uh...help, everybody!