Irileth won't come after I give farengar the dragonstone.

calfurius

This has happened on two seperate accounts. Whenever I give Farengar the stone. It says quest completed yet Irileth never comes. I've tried placing her to me using console command. Enable and disabling her. Using the console command to try and start the quest. I've tried verifying my steam cache. NOTHING WORKS. I can't start the main quest line at all. Please does anybody have any advice?

Yep. I wait around for a few minutes and she still doesn't come. I try doing the "wait for an hour" option, and she still doesn't come. I decide to try and teleport to her using console command, and I spawn at the gate outside of whiterun and then instant ctd.

i usually just meet up with her at the western tower near the rock where the pointer is showing, sometimes because im impatient i forget to even talk to her. Also if you are crashing, you may want to see if you have added any recent mods to the game. If you have, untick them and see if the problem still exists. There are so many crazy problems I have restarted this game a guaranteed 50 times or more.And all the problems have been because of mods i have added, or updates in patches. Im sorry if i cannot help you. But keep trying anyway.

At the bottom of the page in this link,.http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Dragon_Rising is a code to reset the quest, and one to end it. see if that can help you.

When you waited for an hour, did you leave the cell? If not, just leave dragonreach, go for a walk outside Whiterun, kill a few bandits, then go back in. That has worked for me. And there are always ways to attempt to fix this via the console if necessary.