Retroactive Iron Will

gary0044187

I would like to see Iron Will effect the troops that have already leveled as well as the new troops. It seems odd to me that a Colonel hired as a rookie at about the time my 3rd soldier made it to major would have better willpower than the grizzled survivors of a dozen terror and abduction missions. I am sure this would not be hard, I simply haven't looked into cracking the case open yet.

Another thing that would be nice would be the gradual regain of willpower for soldiers that survived fatal wounds. I have had to let go of some really good troopers that lost half of their will after recovering from their wounds. It would be nice to be able to send them on a few more missions to rebuild their confidence.

Has anyone considered these changes? They are modest as I am still really enjoying the way the game flows right now. Thank you.

I hadn't even noticed that wounded soldiers get permanent hits to WILL.

As far as your idea goes, yes, it would be nice; however at this point simply changing INI settings can't do it. You could of course just change the officer training school iron will buff to 0 so it actually does nothing, and then adjust the "Base" random will received by your soldiers to be equal to what iron will used to give.

Or wait for a good mod tool from the dev's or the community that is capable of changing more then just INI settings.

I hadn't even noticed that wounded soldiers get permanent hits to WILL.

As far as your idea goes, yes, it would be nice; however at this point simply changing INI settings can't do it. You could of course just change the officer training school iron will buff to 0 so it actually does nothing, and then adjust the "Base" random will received by your soldiers to be equal to what iron will used to give.

Or wait for a good mod tool from the dev's or the community that is capable of changing more then just INI settings.

i would love to look into this, what tool are people using to modify the INI settings?