Deleted DummyNoEdit_Drink_NukaCola and other DummyNoEdits. Getting warnings.

Whilst editing a place, I came across a few translucent objects some looked like guns and had a warning for each different DummyNoEdit.

This is one of the snippets of the warnings file. I had the filter set to the <current> option which I am sure is only warnings from my mod.

CELLS: <CURRENT>  REFR 'DummyNoEdit_Drink_NukaCola' (001E639D) Dummy object ref does not have a leveled list. This ref will never be visible in game.
MASTERFILE: <CURRENT>  REFR 'DummyNoEdit_Drink_NukaCola' (001E639D) Errors were encountered during InitItem for reference:

Do these warnings effect anything, such as performance? Or is it another set of warnings I can ignore.

This is the whole warning screen that just popped up after loading the cell I'm working on.

MASTERFILE: DFOB 'WorkshopForceNewList_DO' (0024A043) Could not find valid form (0024A042) in init for default object 'WorkshopForceNewList_DO' (0024A043)
MASTERFILE: DFOB 'MapMarkerPotentialVassal_DO' (00249FDB) Could not find valid form (00249FD9) in init for default object 'MapMarkerPotentialVassal_DO' (00249FDB)
CELLS: <CURRENT>  REFR 'DummyNoEdit_Drink_NukaCola' (001E639E) Dummy object ref does not have a leveled list. This ref will never be visible in game.
MASTERFILE: <CURRENT>  REFR 'DummyNoEdit_Drink_NukaCola' (001E639E) Errors were encountered during InitItem for reference:
Base: 'DummyNoEdit_Drink_NukaCola' (000928D5)
Ref: '' (001E639E)
Cell: 'Wilderness' (0000E48D) (-9, -4) in world 'Commonwealth' (0000003C) 
See Warnings file for more information.
CELLS: <CURRENT>  REFR 'DummyNoEdit_Drink_NukaCola' (001E639D) Dummy object ref does not have a leveled list. This ref will never be visible in game.
MASTERFILE: <CURRENT>  REFR 'DummyNoEdit_Drink_NukaCola' (001E639D) Errors were encountered during InitItem for reference:
Ref: '' (001E639D)
CELLS: <CURRENT>  REFR 'DummyNoEdit_Drink_NukaCola' (001E639C) Dummy object ref does not have a leveled list. This ref will never be visible in game.
MASTERFILE: <CURRENT>  REFR 'DummyNoEdit_Drink_NukaCola' (001E639C) Errors were encountered during InitItem for reference:
Ref: '' (001E639C)
CELLS: <CURRENT>  REFR 'DummyNoEdit_Drink_NukaCola' (001E639B) Dummy object ref does not have a leveled list. This ref will never be visible in game.
MASTERFILE: <CURRENT>  REFR 'DummyNoEdit_Drink_NukaCola' (001E639B) Errors were encountered during InitItem for reference:
Ref: '' (001E639B)
CELLS: <CURRENT>  REFR 'DummyNoEdit_Drink_NukaCola' (001E639A) Dummy object ref does not have a leveled list. This ref will never be visible in game.
MASTERFILE: <CURRENT>  REFR 'DummyNoEdit_Drink_NukaCola' (001E639A) Errors were encountered during InitItem for reference:
Ref: '' (001E639A)
CELLS: <CURRENT>  REFR 'DummyNoEdit_Drink_NukaCola' (001E6399) Dummy object ref does not have a leveled list. This ref will never be visible in game.
MASTERFILE: <CURRENT>  REFR 'DummyNoEdit_Drink_NukaCola' (001E6399) Errors were encountered during InitItem for reference:
Ref: '' (001E6399)
CELLS: <CURRENT>  REFR 'DummyNoEdit_PipeBoltAction_Rifle' (002473D9) Dummy object ref does not have a leveled list. This ref will never be visible in game.
MASTERFILE: <CURRENT>  REFR 'DummyNoEdit_PipeBoltAction_Rifle' (002473D9) Errors were encountered during InitItem for reference:
Base: 'DummyNoEdit_PipeBoltAction_Rifle' (001990CF)
Ref: '' (002473D9)

LOOTJOY: REFR 'WorkshopTurretLaser' (00064DCA) Unable to find default template item for Bound Object 'WorkshopTurretLaser' (0019a7f2). First Object Template Item used.
LOOTJOY: REFR 'WorkshopTurretLaser' (00064DC9) Unable to find default template item for Bound Object 'WorkshopTurretLaser' (0019a7f2). First Object Template Item used.
LOOTJOY: REFR 'WorkshopTurretLaser' (00064DC7) Unable to find default template item for Bound Object 'WorkshopTurretLaser' (0019a7f2). First Object Template Item used.
LOOTJOY: REFR 'MQ302InstituteBoss01' (00063C68) Unable to find default template item for Bound Object 'MQ302InstituteBoss01' (001cfb17). First Object Template Item used.
LOOTJOY: REFR 'DN136_BossMissileREF' (001E1D8B) Unable to find default template item for Bound Object 'MQ302InstituteBoss03' (001cfb19). First Object Template Item used.
LOOTJOY: REFR 'DN136_BossFlamerREF' (001E1D8A) Unable to find default template item for Bound Object 'MQ302InstituteBoss02' (001cfb18). First Object Template Item used.

Thanks for all the help lately :smile:

Edited by GenericGeorge

Hello GenericGeorge,

The dummy item markers are used to spawn items using leveled lists, in the orientations of these markers. The advantage of doing this is, by using a leveled list, the item being spawned can be varied. To make these work, you need to assign a leveled list to these markers in the object reference editor. The warning message you are seeing is saying you don't have any leveled list assigned to the marker, and therefore no item would spawn in its place in game.

Hello GenericGeorge,

The dummy item markers are used to spawn items using leveled lists, in the orientations of these markers. The advantage of doing this is, by using a leveled list, the item being spawned can be varied. To make these work, you need to assign a leveled list to these markers in the object reference editor. The warning message you are seeing is saying you don't have any leveled list assigned to the marker, and therefore no item would spawn in its place in game.

So this means there will be no performance hit or errors for my users?

You shouldn't delete vanilla object references, because if there's any other mods referencing those things you've deleted, the game engine may crash. This is what is often referred to as "dirty edits". If you don't want to see those objects appear in game, what you should do is to mark them as "initially disabled" in object reference editor.

Anyway, having no leveled list attached to these dummy markers shouldn't cause issues (I'm not sure why that's the warning you get when you delete the markers, though?). If you disable these markers instead, however, you won't be getting any warnings and won't have to worry about compatibility.

You shouldn't delete vanilla object references, because if there's any other mods referencing those things you've deleted, the game engine may crash. This is what is often referred to as "dirty edits". If you don't want to see those objects appear in game, what you should do is to mark them as "initially disabled" in object reference editor.

Anyway, having no leveled list attached to these dummy markers shouldn't cause issues (I'm not sure why that's the warning you get when you delete the markers, though?). If you disable these markers instead, however, you won't be getting any warnings and won't have to worry about compatibility.

How do I bring these items back? Would loading the fallout4.esm blankly then copying all of the objects I deleted, loading my mod.esm and pasting work to ensure it wouldn't collide with other mods.

Creating mod conflicts is the last thing I want for my users. Can't release it until I fix this.

Edit: I ran the plugin through the auto cleaner and it undeleted and disabled the dummyobjectsnoedit things and a couple of others. This has fixed the compatibility issue?

Edited by GenericGeorge

How do I bring these items back? Would loading the fallout4.esm blankly then copying all of the objects I deleted, loading my mod.esm and pasting work to ensure it wouldn't collide with other mods.

Creating mod conflicts is the last thing I want for my users. Can't release it until I fix this.

Edit: I ran the plugin through the auto cleaner and it undeleted and disabled the dummyobjectsnoedit things and a couple of others. This has fixed the compatibility issue?

I think yes. It's better to be on the safe side by disabling these things.