Falconry

erundur

It would be amazing AND immersive to the environment to add Falconry. To those who don't know, falconry is the trapping of wild hawks/eagles/falcons/owls, acclimating them to you and the human environment, and taking game with them. This could be adapted as using a hawk(or if you're that into it, other birds of prey that could be custom made) for combating enemy entities, hunting game, discovering locations, giving a heads-up on where enemies are in your area(Think kind of like detect life/dead spells), or distracting enemies(like Throw Voice)

The mod would have to include the following:

-An NPC that would sell falconry goods(or add the items to hunting shops)

-Custom Items:

•Falconry glove

•Book that tells people how to use the mod properly

•A falconry lure(this allows the bird to return to you when outside hearing distance)(could bestow power, or equip in right/left hand and right/left click, respectively)

-The lure power/action would need custom animations.(the lure is swung around vertically and is caught by the bird when the bird returns)

maybe a hawk trap

-Possibly a quest to get it into the lore

-Hopefully, custom made birds of prey. So far, there are only hawks. I'm thinking 2-3 kinds of hawks, 2-3 eagles, 3-4 falcons(because they are the most epic), and maybe 1-2 owls(for the unique people) all with custom meshes and textures.(tall order, I know)

-falconry whistle power/shout(allows bird to return to you when within hearing distance)

-Custom animations for the birds when:

•on glove

•in air

•take-off/landing on glove, other surface(maybe trees?)

•attacking

•distracting(mouth movement)

-custom sounds for each bird(for distracting, scream sounds are appropriate. Maybe have chirpy type sounds for when on glove?)

I know this is quite a tall order, and is definitely NOT for the faint of heart, but I believe this could make top files if someone really good(or a bunch of someones really good) went out and made it. Thank you for reading this!

For those who want more information/are interested, give me a PM and RESEARCH falconry. I suggest this site: http://www.themodernapprentice.com

• 1 year later...