Problems with Steam & ENB

pvvliet

So I recently bought Skyrim and I've been using some mods, all fun and everything. Then I wanted to try out the ENBs. Which failed, I tried to fix it myself but that didn't work. Whenever I try to launch the game, it crashes at the main menu. And I'd read somewhere that steam causes problems with the newer d3d9.dll from enbdev, and that v0.102 does work. It does, but it doesn't quite give the same look as in the screenshots. And using any other dll or ENB makes the game crash. I don't have any mods installed and I have version 1.7.7.0.6. I've tried a lot, and pmed with 2 of Nexus' members. But unfortunately they couldn't help me.

So now I'm here, hoping someone here can help me.

"making it look like the screenshots" - there are a lot of screenshots out there. Some are completely unplayable configs and only usable for screenshots.

While a newer .dll may give you extra features - I haven't looked at ENB for a while - you can perhaps do more with ENB customizer which allows you to precisely control what ENB does.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/17400

Open up the customizer, open skyrim & start your game, alt-tab back to customizer, make changes, alt-tab back, press backspace to reload the enb config, rinse, repeat.

And that's not even getting into all those .fx files which came with the ENB package, which are text files which control the effects - allowing you even more precise control and fun tweaking to your heart's content.

This may not be the exact answer you were looking for, but it will allow you to tweak ENB to your liking even with older DLLs.