The next dlc is Skyrim: Dragonborn

nenina

Skyrim: "Dragonborn"

A fine title for this post Microsoft deal expansion. Notice that "Dragonborn" has quotes around it, that's the genius part. So I've seen on the official forums and GameFaqs that this expansion will have dragon mounts, Solsteim, and possibility of venturing into Morrowind. Skimming through the files of the 1.8 update will fill you in more.

Terrible title is terrible, as if the next James Bond movie will be called 007: James Bond. But the mere hint of Morrowind in it conjures hopes of seeing Red Mountain, Morag Tong, and seeing Silt Striders in action this time. But is Bethesda up to the creative demand? They seem content to offer up more gimmicks rather than improve what is already good.

And Morrowind means political / religious climate, mushroom houses, Vivec ziggurat structures, etc. Or what do you hope to see in the coming dlc, if not more Morrowind?

Never having seen any Morrowind myself, I will be quite happy just to get more Nordish lore and story. The bad title hardly matters, since the game doesn't throw it in your face once you've bought and installed the DLC.

Edit: I do wish they'd find some way to get at least a few of the characters from the base game involved with the DLC, but I imagine it will be like Dawnguard and all of them will be oblivious to the new content. Vampires attacking towns everywhere but even the jarls don't have a word to say about the crisis.

Edited by BrettM

Most of Morrowind was rendered uninhabitable after red mountain erupted after the oblivion crisis . If you could go back it would be very different to how you remember it from Elder Scrolls III.

Don't forget the wars with the Nords, Orcs, (before the Red Year) and Argonians (right after). I think that's what most of the refugees in Skyrim were really fleeing.

But it's been 200 years since the volcano and Ministry of Truth wrecked the place, and the Argonians only got the southern mainland parts, not most of Vvardenfell. (As an aside, I just found out Brand-Shei is just about two hundred years old by looking up the Red Year and Argonian wars and stuff. o...o Anyway.) It's had time to get habitable again. Some of the Dunmer in Windhelm even mentioned going back. Sure, it'd be different (what with Vivec City most likely being a crater in the seafloor), but I actually see a whole lot of potential for seeing Morrowind again now.

I'd rather it be something bigger than a DLC for the game about my least favorite race, but hey, I'll take what I can get.

It seems we PC Player got Dawnguard Early August, then 2 Months later, we got Herthfire witch is a Tiny DLC, so this New DLC sounds Big witch means we will either get it as a Christmas Gift in December or Early January. Edited by daventry

Is this based on the little tidbits of information that guy on the Beth forums found in the code, or has any of this actually been confirmed by Bethesda?

Not saying it's not true, but I'll remain skeptical until I hear official confirmation.

As far as I know, there is no official confirmation, but bits of Dawnguard were found ahead of time (in our case, WAY ahead of time) this way too, but I still can't wait for some kind of official statement on the next DLC. I'm iffy on the Dragon Mounts, but Morrowind would be cool, even if only part of it I guess (regardless of the rest being wasteland/gone, I'd rather see it.). Maybe we'll see spears too. Edited by AxlRocks

Finally an enviroment that it´s not snow and ice, I was hoping they made a DLC on morrowind, I would love to see dwemer ruins like those in morrowind game amd balmora architecture along with the pod cities and the mushrooms... well everything in morrowind is interesting I wonder how they are going to do it, hope they give us lots of creature diversity.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/10/16/report-skyrim-dlc-returns-to-morrowind.aspx

Edited by scot