Fallout 3 will not run for me

rpsnow

Hi All

Does anyone have an idea what programs Fallout 3 refuses to work with? (apart from alchahol 120%)

I have just bought & installed Fallout 3 but it simply refuses to run, apparently due to a conflict with something I have installed.

Now I have removed everything from Nero to CloneDVD & even any DVD image software inc Ultra Iso, but still no luck!!!!. (even after a full shutdown & reboot)

If anyone thinks they may be able to help would you please post your info here and/or PM me.

Edit: I have only just noticed a technical forum, would a nice moderator please move this thread for me to the tech forum please?.

Thanks

Rich

Hi All

Does anyone have an idea what programs Fallout 3 refuses to work with? (apart from alchahol 120%)

I have just bought & installed Fallout 3 but it simply refuses to run, apparently due to a conflict with something I have installed.

Now I have removed everything from Nero to CloneDVD & even any DVD image software inc Ultra Iso, but still no luck!!!!. (even after a full shutdown & reboot)

If anyone thinks they may be able to help would you please post your info here and/or PM me.

Edit: I have only just noticed a technical forum, would a nice moderator please move this thread for me to the tech forum please?.

Thanks

Rich

Did you happen to read this:

http://thenexusforums.com/index.php?showtopic=79665

and I will move this for you.

Buddah

Did you happen to read this:

http://thenexusforums.com/index.php?showtopic=79665

and I will move this for you.

Buddah

Buddah

Actually I did, but quite a bit later!. ;)

Sorry for slightly filling the site with this (comments in the DRM/securom thread & a reply in PC users a minority thread) but I also have a further problem.

Sadly I cannot get the securom fix cos the link for the English version points to a dead page(I have also said this in the aforementioned threads) . :(

If anyone has the English Securom fix & is prepared to send it to me I would be extremely grateful.

Thanx for moving this anyway Buddah!, maybe I will get some help now! ;)

Rich

link to the patch:

http://fallout.bethsoft.com/eng/downloads/patches.html

The new launcher is here:

http://www.securom.com/support/customers/b...outLauncher.zip

The instructions:

US version:

Download:

1) Download the latest, official patch v1.0.0.15 for Fallout 3 here and follow the install instructions on the website of Bethesda.

2) After installation of the official patch above, download the SecuROM Patch here and follow the instructions below.

Patching:

1) Go to the installation folder of "Fallout 3"

2) Backup the original FalloutLauncher.exe there by renaming it to FalloutLauncher.exe.old

3) Open the downloaded FalloutLauncher.zip and extract the new FalloutLauncher.exe to the same location.

4) Launch the FalloutLauncher.exe (You should see the screen below).

fallout_3_22_en.jpg

(Note, the patch won't work if you try to launch from either the Fallout3.exe or the DVD-Rom)

Buddah

I have good news!, I checked securom yesterday and I noticed both a new US fix(as you mentioned) and working UK link!.

With the UK fix instlled I have spent most of yesterday playing., damn it is so addictive that I may have to ration my time spent on Oblivion. :)

Thanx for replying though!!!, what shame I cannot award multiple Kudos points.

Kudos!

Rich

I had the same issue.

I just used the crack. And before you jump to any conclusions, I didn't pirate it.

I hate having to have the disc in the drive to play the game, when it doesn't even really need it.

Lots of unnecessary switching and risk of damage on the disc.

Ironic that the copy protection protects the game from legit users.

'non-intrusive', ha!

Archived