[LE] Re-Using Satics Between Mods

Greenston

Hello,

I recently made a bunch of static items for a mod and I would like to re-use them for another mod.

Is there a way I can easily transfer them between the 2 mods?

Do I load them both in and set the new one as active and just use them?

Would that result in missing static items if I later load up only the new mod?

Sorry if this is obvious and a silly question, or if this is already a topic somewhere else...

Anyway, thanks for reading!

KR,

Greenston

Edited by Greenston

The only way to make this correctly is by doing exactly the same process that you did with your first mod.

If you load both mods/esps and you use assets from A to B, then B will be dependent of A, meaning that in order for someone else to be able to play/use it they will need both esps in their load order active.

* There isn't a easy way to transfer / do this.

Ok I see, thank you.

Could I maybe copy and rename the assets? Would that perhaps work?

For example, I made a basket called "basket_01" in mod A, if I copy it and rename to "basket_02" woth mod B as the active file, would it still be dependend on the esp of mod A?

Edited by Greenston

Whatever you do, if you are taking / using assets from one esp A to another esp B will always make B dependent of A.

You can use the "Static Objects" / Share the same Root folder structure to create in CK your "NEW STATICS" in both / each esp separately, but is not recommended, is way too easy to mess everything up !, especially when you will create your bsa.

Each mod / esp should have its own folder structure with its own meshes.

Edited by maxarturo

You can load two mods with one active and duplicate objects in the active mod, this does not make it dependent. I do it all the time, I have a 'resources' mod for this very purpose; always clean the active mod in XEdit incase you inadvertently changed something in the mod you copying from.

You can load two mods with one active and duplicate objects in the active mod, this does not make it dependent. I do it all the time, I have a 'resources' mod for this very purpose; always clean the active mod in XEdit incase you inadvertently changed something in the mod you copying from.

He is using custom made meshes (modder resources). If i did understand it correctly.

Otherwise agerweb is correct.

The only problem is, if they share the same folder structure is to distinguish which nif each esp is using or not when you'll create the bsa, especially if you have a large number of nifs.

Edited by maxarturo