The Only Cure

daventry

Im doing this Deadric Quest and im going through the Dungeon while Killing the Inflicted along the way, so when i Kill Ochendor and return to the Shrine, the Deadric Lord asks me if i left anyone alive.

Am i suppose to Kill the Inflicted, or can i just pass them by with a High Sneak and just Kill Ochendor, will the Inflicted be my Friends then.

When you Sneak up to the Inflicted, you hear that they are just scared of Ochendor.

You can sneak past if you want,I usually just clear the place though.Not sure if the Afflicted will ever be only friendly terms with the player.

After the quest you may get a random world encounter were a couple of Afflicted attack you on sight,I have had this repeat multiple times on the same characters.

My first character through I actually tried communicating with the Afflicted, but they always attacked me regardless of my being on a mission from Peryite himself and feeling sorry for them, so I ended up killing them. I also tried talking to Orchendor, figuring he might give me a reason to refuse to obey Peryite's demand and say "screw you" to another Daedric Prince. Perhaps he was trying to keep all the Afflicted quarantined so as to contain the plague, which would make him a pretty good guy. But he also attacked me on sight.

Next character just slaughtered everything. After all, all of them seemed to be working on various vats of goop and stuff that they planned to use to spread plague across Tamriel. Not nice!

Third character snuck past everything except the dwarven bots, but did have to kill Orchendor to get the key to exit the place. So I still couldn't say "screw you" to Peryite.

No approach to this quest made the least bit of difference to Peryite or to the Afflicted. All characters who did the quest were still subject to random attacks by Afflicted later on. So do it whichever way you like. You aren't supposed to do anything but kill Orchendor, and nobody cares what you do on the way to find him.

I always take them all out. Definitely one of my favorite areas and for sure my most favorite dwemer ruin. If I'm not mistaken the afflicted have some sort of lighting effect as they seem to have more of a gray hue than is normal. They also have a lot of unique outfit combinations and interesting dialogue. And it's not full of falmer.