Looking for some help with a mod!

Beccy

Hey folks, i'm looking for some help with a mod i'm hoping to make, the first part is mostly just building and designing in the CK something i've been doing since Morrowind for myself. I'm fairly confident there. But the second part, a garden with certain alchemical ingredients i'd need to learn how the spawn timers for them work. Rather than just dropping the plants in a patch and calling it a garden. (Its complicated what i have in mind, and i don't want to give away any spoilers if i can help it)

So if anyone knows of a good source of information, or can tell me how i can alter the respawn rate of plants, preferably unique to each plant type, rather than an all over thing that would be ace. For example, if i wanted to make a new version of the potato plant that respawned daily, (24 skyrim hours) and a leek that respawned every two days (48 skyrim hours). How would i do this?.

Thanks in advance if anyone knows or can help in anyway!,

Beccy

I'd be interested in this too but what sketchy documentation is available seems to suggest that plants like other items are tied to the cell reset schedules. For outside locations, this seems to be 10 days/240 hours in-game time (as long as you don't enter the cell during that time - resets the timer).

You can apparently set the timers, see

http://www.creationkit.com/Cell_Reset

I'd be interested in this too but what sketchy documentation is available seems to suggest that plants like other items are tied to the cell reset schedules. For outside locations, this seems to be 10 days/240 hours in-game time (as long as you don't enter the cell during that time - resets the timer).

You can apparently set the timers, see

http://www.creationkit.com/Cell_Reset

Yeah that was the only reference i'd found too, but for example in the new Hearthfire house in Morthal, i forget its name, windy lane or some such. (Basically the one with the Hatchery) I find that my fish respawn really quickly, as does my garden outside, however the Slaughterfish egg nests in the water, (The big i was really interested in in buying that house, still have yet to respawn after 12-14 skyrim days.)

which is why i wanted to make sure i if i go ahead with the mod i'm able to better control the respawns of the plants i place.

Ah, the fish and insects operate differently, they come from an item + associated script called "critterspawnXXX" where XXX are specifics like "pond", "insects", "dragonflies" etc. You can find them in CK under worldobjects > Activator > Markers > Crittermarkers. They are activators, whereas slaughterfish eggs and harvestable flora are ingredients.

If you have the skills it should be possible to create different activators, I suppose, but with the defaults you're stuck with controlling cell resets - which may have other undesirable consequences.

I don't have hearthfire but I think that didn't change.The garden stuff did change - being able to plant stuff yourself I think? That would be worth opening in CK and having a look at, see how it's set up.I find I learn the best tricks from just having a look around at "official" content and seeing what makes it tick ;)

Edited by acidzebra