Dual Wielding, Melee Soldier, Psi powers?

RevanTheScorpio

Hi,

I am total newbie here, but somehow i fell inlove with XCOM.

1. Dual Wielding

It's possible? I saw in "Compiled list of DefaultGameCore.ini settings and their funtions" topic

Appear on Armor

eAP_DualWield = (NEED MORE INFO)

Do somebody think if there is chance for über-cool soldier with two pistols?

2. Melee Soldier

In same topic i saw

Appear on Characters

eCP_MeleeOnly = Prevents Chryssalids from making ranged attacks. (NEED MORE INFO)

So in theory, soldier "can" melee attack without animation?

3. Psi Powers

I am huge fan of that supernatural "things", so making a soldier who have -class- as psi but more expanded is my biggest desire

I am not stupid, i see that (NEED MORE INFO), that's why I put that in mod request, for somebody talented who -by totally accident- don't have any ideas and plenty of time :D And sorry for my english :)

1. Dual wielding

I tried experimenting with that, had no results until now unfortunately. One would probably need to look into the scripts to see how I was supposed to work. This is quite clearly legacy code so there is a very real possibility that we won't be able to make it work without touching the upk content.

2. Melee

There is that, and there's also the Melee property for weapons. IIRC someone said that they succeeded in making a soldier melee people with his weapon. Of course the animations are not there. I would enjoy seeing a melee sidearm for soldiers, would be more fun than the pistol. (it's probably doable right now if you don't care about the esthetics)

3. Psi

You can change the necessary XP for Volunteer level to a more reasonable level, so that your psi soldiers will reach a fourth level and gain the Rift ability (which is OP for regular missions). More psi powers would be nice but again that's not something we will be able to mod in with the tools we have available now.

• 7 months later...

2. Melee

There is that, and there's also the Melee property for weapons. IIRC someone said that they succeeded in making a soldier melee people with his weapon. Of course the animations are not there.

Yes they are. The animations for when they hit a window or kick in a door (so they can fire) would do nicely for this.