some Requests

kivz

'sup modders? hope you have a good cup of coffe right in front of you because this is somewhat long. :D

first of all i wanted to share a few ideas / requests that would improve the experience of fallout 3, IMO.

1* reload speed of guns should be depending on weapon skill. have you ever watched your character reload a hunting rifle? i don't know what you think, but i think thats pretty damn fast... at least for someone who has been living his life in an underground vault until some days ago, right? o_O

2* condition of guns should only affect it's accuracy and value, not it's damage

3* headshot-damage should be increased but be harder to make using VATS. also damage in general should be somewhat higher od hp lower

4* as far as i could observe, taking the same drug multiple times does -not- increase it's effects example: you take 1 buffout: str +2; you take 2 buffout: still, str+2 also, you should be able to overdose yourself on drugs, which may lower your max hp or something like that

5* (now i know this has already been mentioned at least 2 times before but still) drinking and eating regularly should be neccessary, to make food and water more useful and less annoying (weight). also, if you do not drink and eat regularly it should also have severe consequences

6* am i the only one who thinks that centaurs are almost harmless creatures, even when difficulty set to hard? should be faster and/or have more hp and deal more damage

7* is it only me or are explosives not doing alot of damage? at least in lategame, frag grenades would be useless if they wouldn't deal splash damage, IMO.

8* raise skill-cap for normal skills to 200%, where a raise of 1% higher than 100% costs 2 skillpoints, and cap for tagged skills to 300% where also the price of improving increases with every 100%, or maybe only after 150%. so basically the same as in fallout 1 and 2 i think.

9* NPCs should have more ammo to sell. seriously, most of them don't have poo... or maybe i just haven't met the right traders yet, i don't know

10* i think there is already a mod for this but still: crippled limbs should have more severe effects. run speed should be slower, your accuracy with guns decrease (even more?) and when crippled on head the right or left third of the screen should be black, which should be random. i have never checked if this already happens, but maybe your INT should decrease by 1 if crippled on head, AGI decreases with arm crippling and so on..

11* i don't know if this is possible, even with SDK but it would be awesome if you could make your character bleed when hit losing more than a certain amount of hp through a single hit. so then you would have to bandage yourself with bandages which you most commonly find in med-kits (let's say a 75% chance that there are some, and then a number from 1 to 3) and maybe you would leave a bloodtrail, too. just an idea

12* I know that someone is working on a non-scoped version of the .44 magnum revolver already, but i would love to see an unscoped version of every gun in the game. i know a sniperrifle without a scope is not a sniperrifle but i like the idea very much. so then i think it would be possible to give npcs the ability to mout scopes on your gun for a price. that could work...

13* making perks stronger but you might only choose one every 2 or 3 level-ups.

14* as already mentioned so often before: no level-cap and more xp needed for level-ups (already done, i know)

15* i would be very happy if the sleep / wait time would be faster, lets say 0.25, 0.33 or 0.5 secs for 1 hour.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

so that's it for now, i hope you like at least a few of them. :wink: i really hope that isn't too much for everyone to read. now on to my questions about modding

which knowledge, which tutorials, which programs (etc.) would i need to make the above mods?

all i know is how to edit textures using photoshop with .dds plugin from nvidia after extracting them from Fallout - Textures.bsa and exporting them as .dds again and invalidating them.

btw i would be really happy if someone could be telling me what is the correct format to export them?

i have been using DXT 1 RGB 4 bpp | no alpha as volume texture and without MIP maps, was the only format that worked for me so far.

i also know that i can change values of variables using FOMM with the Fallout3.esm, saving changes as .esp and loading them when starring fallout3.

So what do i have to learn to be able to achieve the above requests my own?

Are there any tutorials available on those topics already?

<edit> Also, what file do i have open to change the crosshair when zoomed in with magnum or sniper rifle? </edit>

my english might be somewhat bad in someplaces, i beg to apology.

Any response will be appreciated. :thumbsup:

Thanks for your time.

alright you tell them, man it is like Bethesda never even played Fallout 2 or even 1, let alone there own game start to finish and said hey this has nothing to do with Fallout, this game should of been called "Oblivion if it where to happen in the Future and where people have laser guns but do not know how to throw Knives yet"

Archived