Simple Mod Qustion / Placing enemies

christianerding

I have worked with CK for some time and I thought I had a little experience.

Then I wanted to do a "2 Minute Mod", just placing a frostbite spider in the cage of the helgen dungeon.

Now I am messing around for 7 hours, but it does not work.

In the CK everthing looks fine, but when I start a new game the dawn spider is crawling around in the room, instead of standing in the cage!

When I enable "Starts Dead" then the spider is exactly where I did put her in the table, but anything else will not keep her in the cage.

Does anyone have advice? What have I forgotten?

THX so far.

If you're trying to squeeze one into the metalcage01, good luck with that, I can't get any live creature to stay in there. :wallbash:

You'll have better luck with the metalcagelongsingle01 but (as the name implies), it's longer.

Well, then you are at least on step ahead of me. My english ist not so good so I was not precise enough:

The longcage does not work for me and the prison-cells do not work either, the creature is not inside.

How did you do that, that the creature stays put in the longcage?

Nothing special, just place it in the long cage and make sure it is not touching the floor or walls (so floating slightly above the ground).

Oh, and when you are putting in the door, don't go and do it manually, just select the longcage, CTRL+D to make a duplicate, CTRL+F for search and replace, then select the cage door as a replacement, OK. Your door will be in exactly the right place. I mention this because I've seen videos of people messing with cage doors for ages to get them in the right place.

Edited by acidzebra

Nothing special, just place it in the long cage and make sure it is not touching the floor or walls (so floating slightly above the ground).

Oh, and when you are putting in the door, don't go and do it manually, just select the longcage, CTRL+D to make a duplicate, CTRL+F for search and replace, then select the cage door as a replacement, OK. Your door will be in exactly the right place. I mention this because I've seen videos of people messing with cage doors for ages to get them in the right place.

Thx a lot. I will give it a try.

But i will start simple and use the existing prisoncells in Helgen Keep. ;-)

Thanks for the hint with door.

Did you use an special options, like "Don't havoc settle" or anything else, so it did work for you

Did you use an special options, like "Don't havoc settle" or anything else, so it did work for you

No, just stuck it in there and made sure it wasn't touching the floor. Or walls. You may have to turn off aligning to grid (Q key) to fine-tune the placement.

It may be easier to start with an empty cell - make a duplicate of "unowned cell" and start work there. Sorry if I'm telling you stuff you already know, I just realised you mentioned working with the CK for a while.

Happy modding ;)

Edited by acidzebra

• 2 weeks later...

No, just stuck it in there and made sure it wasn't touching the floor. Or walls. You may have to turn off aligning to grid (Q key) to fine-tune the placement.

It may be easier to start with an empty cell - make a duplicate of "unowned cell" and start work there. Sorry if I'm telling you stuff you already know, I just realised you mentioned working with the CK for a while.

Happy modding ;)

Hello Acidzebra,

I was not succesfull up to know. I will try the Q-Key today.

THX for all the advice, I did not know that things. I work with the CK for a while, but editing things is much more easier, than making new things.

Nice Weekend to you.

Christian

EDIT: It seems like the engine does not like living creatures in cage. Even the dead mage in the cage when altered to "not dead" starts outside the cage.

So there is no hope for Creatures in Prison Cells!

Edited by christianerding