When Freedom Calls will not start.

SilverThorn12345

Though it is a very old post, however, I suppose that I found the way to solve this annoying bug.

First, as quest is not start, just move along the quest, which means you just need to process the quest as it should be. (Pick-up the musket, wipe out the raiders, talk with Preston and get the fusion core, then get the power armor and just kill kill kill.)

After that, you may find the quest froze and the Concord Five keep talking their gibberish.

And here comes the solution.

Step 1

Fast travel to Sanctuary Hill, build a small cage ( I mean build a room surrounded by walls) and use console command to teleport the Concord Five to the cage.(by moveto player command)

Step 2

Open the console and type "Setstage Min01 00" (which means to start the "Sanctuary" quest) If everything goes well, you will hear a magnificent tune.(which normally play at the end of when freedom calls)

Step 3

Teardown the cage and let the Concord Five get back to the museum, during that time, you can sit on the coach and enjoy a slip of Dirty Wastelander ; ) (which means wait for a few hours in the game time)

Step 4

Open the console again and use moveto command again (teleport yourself to Preston) and Voila! You will find the Concord Five is waiting for you at the entrance (though the quest is not start, still)

Step 5

Move along the quest normally (talk with Preston and get to the Sanctuary Hill like gangsters) And the next quest Sanctuary/First Step will toggle as it is. Problem solved.

Though this method can enable the Minuteman quest line to be proceed, but it can't restore the quest in Pipboy.

It was too late for the op's saves, but I hope this post can save the saves of the people in the future.

(P.S. When I met Preston I have fusion cores in my inventory don't know whether it would make a difference or not)

(P.P.S. Sorry for my broken English as I ain't a native speaker ( ' ~ ') )