Nights are too dark

milogrim

Hey, I'm having trouble with my nights being too dark. Dungeons and interiors are just fine. I suspect my monitor or graphics card is at fault, because I've disabled enb and still have problem, I've adjusted settings in sky launch to no effect. Is there something I'm missing?

If it were your graphic card and monitor, the problem would most likely be uniform (everything would be dark).

Several mods change lighting levels, I don't know what mods you're running. I'm not a big believer in adding more mods to fix problems perhaps caused by others mods (in other words, go through your mod list and see if any of them could be responsible), but you could give claralux a whirl:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/17605

Be sure to read the description on the mod page.

If it were your graphic card and monitor, the problem would most likely be uniform (everything would be dark).

Several mods change lighting levels, I don't know what mods you're running. I'm not a big believer in adding more mods to fix problems perhaps caused by others mods (in other words, go through your mod list and see if any of them could be responsible), but you could give claralux a whirl:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/17605

Be sure to read the description on the mod page.

Real quick question. Does the second and third pic in claralux photo profile look completely black to you? I suspect my monitor, but like you say I've not noticed significant problems across the board, but nexus pics, many of them are pitch black now and I dont recall that before.

If you mean the top row of pictures, the second is showing off a pitch dark night so black, in the third only the arch and tree are lit up.

In the mod description there is one picture showing off the different light level settings "in-game light adjusters". The far left of that pic has 5 gray bands getting progressively darker as you go down (listed as "night darkness"). If you can see a clear contrast between these bands, your monitor is most likely fine.

(though you could reset it to factory defaults, see if that changes anything)

One of his/her pics High hrothgar is completely black except compass. And as for the rest, they resemble my game exactly ; pitch black night. Maybe my other modded play-threw had a mod I'm missing now, that made the night brighter. Its not a game breaker, it actually reminds me of when I went camping up in the Rocky's. It gets so dark away from the city, I can't Imagine how our ancient ancestors survived the nights. You'd literally have to crawl on your hands and knees to find anything, hopefully not a 50ft cliff or a pack of wolves. I do have a few realism mods in place, so being completely helpless at night, except for following a road is very immersive, and terrifying.