Sleeping

TheNexxusOne

Real World Concept: Sleeping DOES NOT magically restore crippled limbs.

Corresponding Game Mechanic: Crippled limbs must be healed with someone with proper medical training...such as a doctor. Properly recovering from a crippled limb takes time. Once medical care is received, several days of bed rest is required before the limb is usable again.

Alternate Game Mechanic: If the above suggested mechanic is not practical to mod into the game, simply remove the magical healing power of sleeping so that characters will need to use stim-packs to restore crippled limbs.

And on a related note...

Real World Concept: Sleeping DOES NOT magically heal injuries.

Corresponding Game Mechanic: Only very limited HP can be recovered by sleeping. For every FULL day (24 in-game hours) of bed rest, a player can recover from 2-6 (END/2+1) HP.

Corresponding Game Mechanic: Crippled limbs must be healed with someone with proper medical training...such as a doctor.

I totally agree with this idea... I don't want total realism, but sleeping to heal a crippled arm?! Definitely should be something only a trained doctor or the player with the right equipment. Personally, I think we need to bring back doctor's bags/first aid kits from the original Fallouts, but make them - not stimpaks - the only way (besides paying a doctor) to heal crippled limbs, based on your medical skills... stimpaks should be for hit point healing only!

Corresponding Game Mechanic: Only very limited HP can be recovered by sleeping. For every FULL day (24 in-game hours) of bed rest, a player can recover from 2-6 (END/2+1) HP.

VERY much in agreement on this too... I don't mind sleeping healing hit points that much, but not fully restoring them after an hour or two! Maybe two or three full days days rest to fully heal, and I'd be ok with it.

Since there is currently no mod for this that I know of, my current work-around solution is to never "sleep." I will return to my house and simulate sleeping by "waiting" instead of sleeping. This way, I avoid the ridiculous magical healing effects of sleeping, and get the satisfaction of a little more immersion in the wonderful wasteland world of Fallout.

and? is your character suffering from diabetes and depression yet? after 7 days, diabetes is pretty much guaranteed. how about permanent damage to the eyes? can you still see. did your character vomit or suffer from de-hydration and thus unable to do so?

Not sleeping without damaging results is just as much unrealistic as sleeping with magic healing.

and? is your character suffering from diabetes and depression yet? after 7 days, diabetes is pretty much guaranteed. how about permanent damage to the eyes? can you still see. did your character vomit or suffer from de-hydration and thus unable to do so?

Not sleeping without damaging results is just as much unrealistic as sleeping with magic healing.

Ahh, good points...

If you will see my previous post (click here) I have actually asked for penalties for not sleeping as well. Unfortunately, since neither of these mods exist yet, I have to simulate both effects using the "wait" command. I know that not sleeping is unrealistic, but I just pretend that while "waiting" in my house, my character is actually sleeping.

Thanks for the post!

Archived