UFO - Troubleshoot

6string

I was having trouble with the UFO mod. I installed incorrectly, and I couldn't get additional followers to follow me. They would agree to, but just stand where they were, and not following me. All the dialogue options of the UFO mod appeared, but it didn't matter, because I could only have one follower anyways.

I followed the very specific instructions included with the mod to a tee, except I didn't use the original launcher, which probably caused the problem. I just used NMM through SKSE loader. So.... Realizing the mistake I made (and cursing myself - I usually am a good direction follower), I uninstalled it. This time following the modders directions exactly like it was laid out. I dismissed all followers, went to the fly, the fly told me everything was deactivated. So I created a new save, uninstalled everything.

So... I start the process over. I load through the launcher, open my game, check to make sure that Lydia is still dismissed (I never had any other followers), she was. Unfortunately, when I check through the console "show playerfollowercount" it comes back as 1.0000. The instructions specifically say it should say 0.000 (which it did the first time I did it through NMM).

So.... here is my question? Did I mess it up so bad that it is a lost cause? Should I try to install it again? I stopped at this point and am looking for help. I have read that going back to an old save is a feasible option. Unfortunately, the only save I have that was pre-original load of UFO is MONTHS old (oops.....), I don't feel like going back again. So.... any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,

A moron that thought he was smarter than a modder even though I know nothing about modding :)

I don't know who else it could be. When I originally loaded UFO the only follower I had was Lydia. I only knew that the additional follower didn't work AFTER installing UFO, and AFTER installing a user made custom follower. I asked this dude to be my follower, he said yes, and just stood there. Lydia continued to follow me. I was SURE to dismiss him prior to uninstalling UFO. Verified it specifically.

What am I risking by doing your method? I really really really really don't want to mess this save up. I have started over so many times for various reasons.

So, I followed your advice by setting the follower count back to zero, and it worked, for the most part. The custom follower I installed previously will not follow me. I unistalled the custom follower prior to reinstalling UFO and setting the follower count to zero. After going the the proper process to reinstall UFO, I reinstalled the custom follower. When I go up to him the only dialogue option I get is "you know...", and after that nothing happens.

So it looks like my save is effed, and I cannot use that guy anymore. I tested it on another vanilla follower, and I was able to get Lydia and her to follow me.

So, all in all, not bad, in the end.

Morale of the story? READ YOUR INSTRUCTIONS AND FOLLOW THEM CAREFULLY. Well... DUH!!!