[WIP] The Inheritance

Guest deleted2159825

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great mod, I've completed the MQ so far and now on to Side Quests. The combat difficulty is just right as well, featuring some of the most memorable and great battle encounters in GameBryo so far; it's a shame this engine isn't well suited for this task, but kind of makes your work even more impressive, given the environment you have to work in.

Also, regarding your future mods,

I've noticed the hints for those; the New Vegas Bounties 3 seems especially bleak; even disconnected from the 1 and 2, where the PC overwhelms his foes, even Sergio. Could you shed some more light on what exactly will happen to the Courier that's so traumatic and disillusioning (I presume innocent people will die) and the perspectives and plausibility of it for roleplaying, considering the blank slate the Courier is in terms of mentality as well? I understand you don't want to show off your hand, but at least a small hint?

Cheers!

Edited by GeeZee

Guest deleted2159825

Great mod, I've completed the MQ so far and now on to Side Quests. The combat difficulty is just right as well, featuring some of the most memorable and great battle encounters in GameBryo so far; it's a shame this engine isn't well suited for this task, but kind of makes your work even more impressive, given the environment you have to work in.

Also, regarding your future mods,

I've noticed the hints for those; the New Vegas Bounties 3 seems especially bleak; even disconnected from the 1 and 2, where the PC overwhelms his foes, even Sergio. Could you shed some more light on what exactly will happen to the Courier that's so traumatic and disillusioning (I presume innocent people will die) and the perspectives and plausibility of it for roleplaying, considering the blank slate the Courier is in terms of mentality as well? I understand you don't want to show off your hand, but at least a small hint?

Cheers!

Thanks for the support - I'm glad to hear you're enjoying the mod! I'm very pleased with how well the engine handled the outdoor battle in "Repaid in Full". I'm certainly much more confident about scripting the large-scale encounters in The Siege of Firebase Zulu.

As for your other question:

You're right on the money by assessing the teasers as "Bleak". Like I told Unoctium, there are three treatments for this mod - dark, darker, and the Lake of Fire. I won't go into specifics, but your best source of information is the mod's chief inspiration, The Great Silence, which I consider to be one of the strongest films in the genre. Just as The Great Silence was a counter-point to many of the tropes in Spaghetti Westerns, I aim to upend some of the norms for RPG's, as well as my past mods. It will be distinct from anything I've made to date.

Let me leave it at this: for years, players have been clamoring to meet Marko and destroy him, often describing his hypothetical demise in vivid detail. In my mind, this has always begged the question - when does overconfidence and/or the obsession with revenge backfire? I believe there are limits to the Courier's power, particularly in an alien setting, confronted by a person who probably exceeds him/her in in both cunning and lethality. They may learn that being shot in the head isn't the worst thing that can happen to you.

This is an amazing mod! I'd go so far to say it's even better than New Vegas Bounties II, if only because it doesn't have those annoyingly cheap ambushes. However, I still have a problem with 'Repaid in Full'. I finished the main quest by telling Zimmer to leave and I did the Ranger Andy quest AFTER the main Inheritance quest. Is that the problem? I'm using version 1.1. Any fix or explanation would be appreciated. Thank you!

EDIT: Never mind, I told Andy of the attack but I didn't give him the evidence that the Legion did it. It's working now. Sorry about that!

Edited by Cactuar512

• 5 months later...

I encounter an error (I'm very sorry I can't find the spoiler tool) When Joe Sellers is found dead while with Bradley. Bradley says to return to Westside to gear up, but when I go to the quest marker (Outside Westside's gate) nothing happens. I tried speaking to Bradley to no avail. I will continue to try other things to get this part of the quest to activate, but if you could reply that would be great.

Thanks,

bigaslinky

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Does anyone know what Bradley's base id and ref id are? I can't seem to find it, and with Bradley MIA (this is while he's essential btw, so he can't be dead), the Inheritance is effectively on hold until I track him down, whether it be by console command or sheer luck.

Does anyone know what Bradley's base id and ref id are? I can't seem to find it, and with Bradley MIA (this is while he's essential btw, so he can't be dead), the Inheritance is effectively on hold until I track him down, whether it be by console command or sheer luck.

Go to the entrance to the Thorn and go west toward the Westside wall. He is standing on a platform there.

I can't find the note you're supposed to leave for the Legion in the quest "Repaid in Full", and can't complete it. I've looked everywhere in my inventory but there's nothing that even resembles it. Is it marked as a quest item so it doesn't leave the players inventory?

Did you click on the picture?