[WIP] The Inheritance

Guest deleted2159825

Guest deleted2159825

@Brigand231,

No worries, I'm mainly just working to fill the last 4-5 roles, most of which have less than 20-30 lines.

@pwinkle

Thanks, man - I appreciate the support! I may very well seek you out once I return to Skyrim, as all the Dunmer seem to have English accents.

Edited by someguy2000

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest deleted2159825

All,

Thanks to the efforts of the testing team, I've been able to address a number of issues in the main quest. The next priority is polishing up sidequests, as well as filling the remaining VA roles.

All in all, the mod is about 95% complete. If the VA were finished, I'd be tempted to upload the current build. However, I'm taking this time to continue testing the plugin, as well as beginning work on my updates for NVB. I've also been writing extra content for Firebase Zulu, so I've been productive.

On that note, let me repeat my request for voice talent - if you're interesting in acting, in the least - please PM me. I only need to fill a handful of side roles before the plugin is finalized. I'd voice them myself, if not for my cheap microphone (which I'm about to replace).

There are a number of *extremely* talented VA's already involved in the project, but I'm trying to avoid making them voice too many roles, in order to avoid familiarity (not to mention burnout - some of them have voiced parts with hundreds of lines).

Thanks for your ongoing support!

Edited by someguy2000

Guest deleted2159825

All,

I'm happy to report that all the voice roles for The Inheritance are filled! Once the actors submit their recordings and I input them, the mod will be in a relatively finished state. I'm hoping to upload it within the next week (perhaps even this weekend).

I've also resumed work on Firebase Zulu, and I'm making plans for my large-scale updates to NVBI and II (which might include a new quest). Since I'm already neck-deep in voicework, this is as good a time as any to finally re-voice some of the abysmal vocals in NVBI, starting with the Judge. I will probably start a new thread detailing these updates once The Inheritance is uploaded and patched up.

I want to show my appreciation for all the voice actors, testers, and community members that have been so crucial to the development of this mod. It is always a team effort. It's been close to two years since I abruptly left New Vegas, and it's terribly exciting to be on the verge of a proper return. Thank you!

Guest deleted2159825

All,

The plugin is ready to go, VA notwithstanding. I have prepared the mod's description, mirrors, etc., and went ahead and made a separate page for the someguyseries.esm.

Also, to any testers reading this - feel free to send me any screenshots that I can include when the mod is uploaded!

On the subject of the master file, I went ahead and slapped a layered poster together that will serve as the page's primary image. I thought ya'll might like it, if only because it teases future content. Thanks for the support!

Glad you got the other roles filled :-) Always good to have variety.

I'm going to reinstall the game and see if that helps me at all. (stupid steam...have to download it all again maybe. We'll see if I have a way around it.)

All,

The plugin is ready to go, VA notwithstanding. I have prepared the mod's description, mirrors, etc., and went ahead and made a separate page for the someguyseries.esm.

Also, to any testers reading this - feel free to send me any screenshots that I can include when the mod is uploaded!

On the subject of the master file, I went ahead and slapped a layered poster together that will serve as the page's primary image. I thought ya'll might like it, if only because it teases future content. Thanks for the support!

@Goodbeer, err, reebdoog: Steam has a very useful backup and restore feature you can access through the library by right clicking on your game (To back up) or through the Steam Menu (to restore)

I have found this very useful as I break my game via mods every couple months. >.> What I do is make a backup of a full, vanilla install. Then when things are broken I can nuke everything and restore from the backup without having to re-download... everything.

Did a full uninstall reinstall. Put in nothing but this mod...still crashes EVERY time. I'm stumped.

@Goodbeer, err, reebdoog: Steam has a very useful backup and restore feature you can access through the library by right clicking on your game (To back up) or through the Steam Menu (to restore)

I have found this very useful as I break my game via mods every couple months. >.> What I do is make a backup of a full, vanilla install. Then when things are broken I can nuke everything and restore from the backup without having to re-download... everything.

As it was loading into the FNVEdit...this happened.

[00:01] Background Loader: [TheInheritance.esp] Loading file

[00:01] Background Loader: [TheInheritance.esp] File loaded

[00:01] Background Loader: [TheInheritance.esp] Start processing

[00:01] Background Loader: [TheInheritance.esp] Adding master "FalloutNV.esm"

[00:01] Background Loader: [TheInheritance.esp] Adding master "GunRunnersArsenal.esm"

[00:01] Background Loader: [GunRunnersArsenal.esm] Loading file

[00:01] Background Loader: Fatal: <EOSError: System Error. Code: 2.

The system cannot find the file specified>

The inheritance didn't even make it all the way in. *shrug*. I'm not a modder. What gives?

Ooh. A challenge! Can you open the Inheritance in FNVEdit and look at the master records? It might have picked one up that it shouldn't have.

How exactly do you know when your game is broken due to mods? More crashes than usual?

Did a full uninstall reinstall. Put in nothing but this mod...still crashes EVERY time. I'm stumped.

Hmmm, have you tried re-downloading the mod? It could have been corrupted during the download.