So I have an issue with skyrim crashing.

Scyris

So I have an issue with skyrim crashing, most of the times the second it htis 1.8gb of system ram used it will crash. even though I have 8 gigs installed, and skyrim is supposedly LAA so it should be able to use twice that. it all started after I installed SkyTEST, even after removing it, its still doing it, I would do a clean save with no mods but i'd lose quite a bit of stuff, too much stuff to make a console restore viable, though the house I have from build your own home I could just use console commands to get the items needed to rebuild it.. I guess maybe I should, but if I use a race mod like Dagi-raht should I leave that checked?

The odd thing is when it *crashes* just the graphics freeze but the music seems unaffected.

Edited by Scyris

What version of Windows do you use? Even with Windows 7 64 bit, the most any 2-bit program can use is 4 bits.

Are you sure you removed SkyTEST completely?

Also, what VRAM do you have? It could be that you are running out of VRAM, not RAM, especially since the video freezes but not the music. You could be right, that Skytest was the mod that tipped you past your computer's limit. You could try making sure all of your computer's unnecessary background processes are disabled, especially things like your browser, automatic updates, scheduled tasks, etc. You could also try lowering your graphics and removing a few other mods (completely according to the mod author's instructions), to try to decrease the load on your VRAM.

However, if the problem is loose scripts left from an incomplete removal of a mod, you probably are looking at having to do a complete reinstall. IMO, if you are going to do that, you might as well go all the way--reinstalling, new savegame, etc.