Multiple companions.

RyuaNesha

I like Fawkes and all but it would be nice to have another companion with me. I don't want to tell him to leave but I can already name 2 that I want. It was probably made this way so that you wouldn't have a party of 6 people slaughtering all of the death claws. But (which isn't possible without a cs) it would be nice to have companions wait at my house, but I could have one following me at a time. So having 3 companions, but only keeping one with my, others stay at my house. But the limit remover should be possible without a cs, right?

I've spent several hours trying to do this myself.

All I've really found is how to -remove- companions.

Example (with Dogmeat):

set Followers.DogmeatHired to 0

set Followers.DogmeatFired to 1

set DogmeatREF.Waiting to 0

DogmeatREF.SetPlayerTeammate 0

DogmeatREF.RemoveFromFaction FollowerFaction

All of the followers can be referred to as [Name]REF.

There's several related quests when it comes to followers:

FollowersHireFawkes

FollowersHireDogmeat

FollowersHireClover

FollowersHireRL3

FollowersHireButch

FollowersHireJericho

FollowersHireCharon

Followers

Followers being the "main" quest where most data is stored.

There's also something that SEEMS important, but doesn't actually seem to "do" much of anything:

set Followers.PlayerHasFollower to 0

(I assumed it would allow you to have another companion if this was set to zero.. but that doesn't seem to be the case)

The limit on the number of followers doesn't seem to simply be a "switch" somewhere. The game actually has to believe you have no other followers hired.

Summary: It's complicated and I don't think I'll be able to do this without help, or a construction set.

Edit:

GetPlayerTeammate -- this is NOT used to check if the player already has a follower. It's just used to heal your current follower (and nothing more).

Archived