Crew-Cut/Short Spikey And 5'O Clock -- And a Gun

MadMaxRockatansky

To tell ya the truth I'm kind'a shocked these things weren't included in the release of FO3. I'm hopping one of the many skilled modders from the Oblivion days can help me out here.

I'm actually requesting a couple mods.

First: Crew-cut/Short Spikey hair. You know, like Mad Max is sport'n in Mad Max 2 Road Warrior. Were it's short spikey, and kind'a messed. Waster hair kind'a takes care of that look but it's too long and the sides of the head are completely shaved off! Maybe you might just take the waster hair model and change the sides and shorten the very top? Anything that looks like Mad Max in Mad Max 1 or Mad Max 2 I'd really appreciate a lot!

Second: a 5'O Clock shadow. How isn't this in there? The Vault-Tec Pip-Boy mascot even has one when you look at stuff like the Leather Armor Apparel. I can kind'a get one by changing the skin tone on mustache and beard -- but, it doesn't look right (and in the early years my character looks like he O. D.ed on hormones)!

And Finally: The .223 Pistol (the one that looked like Deckard's Rep. Detect. Blaster from Blade Runner)! It was in FO and FO2 -- how isn't it in 3?! I loved that gun! Looks awesome -- it's powerful -- and it fit in most overhead storage compartments! Of course it would mean the person making this gun mod would have to model the Blade Runner Blaster and it would probably take 5.56ers rather than .223's (as FO3 doesn't have that ammo -- which is still Rifle Ammo, and similar to the standard ammo look in the movie. Though the BR Blaster has 3 different ammo modes and types in the movie). To repair the gun you'd probably use any rifle. If you could make a mod to make it through schematics in game I'd suggest items like: Assault Rifle, Sawed-Off Shotgun, Sensor Module, and Fission Battery be required (maybe something else to spice it up -- but from what I know of Blade Runner those should be required for the Blaster).

Anyway, I really hop someone can help me out -- I think these mods would kick-ass!

I absolutely love the idea of making a 5.56 pistol from schematics - but to be clear, the 5.56mm aka 5.56x45 is just the NATO designation for .223 Remington, more or less - both are 100% interchangeable and dimensionally identical, only their SAAMI chamber pressure specs vary slightly. For all intents and purposes 5.56 is .223 and vice versa.

But personally I see very little that a sawed-off, sensor module, or Fission Battery would have to do with making the awesomest of awesome handguns in Fallout. A side-by-side break action shotgun is a very simple design and none of the components would be of much use in any repeating firearm that I can think of.

My list would personally be - Chinese Assault Rifle, 10mm SMG, 2x scrap metal and (Small Guns + Repair) > 160% combined - though working a skill check into the design might be difficult.

Though sadly I don't think this would be possible until Beth releases the devkit, skillcheck or not.

Thanks for the info -- I knew they were similar rounds, I just didn't know that they were pretty much identical. And, as far as my request for the .223 gun -- Those parts are more then accurate! First off that gun doesn't exist IRL (you know that, I know). But, for fans of Blade Runner -- a movie in the early 80's -- you'd know why that gun was in Fallout; it's a total reference to Deckard's Blaster in that movie. If you research said blaster you'd realize the parts I suggest are accurate.

The LAPD Replicant (Special) Detective's 2019 Blaster (made in Austria -- for some reason :P) has two trigger's and 3 loading ports (for lack of a better word). It can be loaded via the wheel-barrel, a clip, or bolt-action (don't ask me how that's possible -- as Philip K. %&$!). One trigger is used to fire the selected ammo (which for the purposes of FO is .223/5.56 ammo), and the other is used to select said ammo (or possibly just fire a different loaded round directly -- never really says). The 2019 Blaster has a sensor module in it to prevent jamming, and to differentiate which loaded ammo the operator currently wants to use.

The 2019 Blaster itself, resembles very much so, a sawed-off shotgun combined with a type of chopped down rifle. Yet, it's more of a pistol. It's batter operated as-well to keep the sensor module powered (as indicated by the various LED's on the blaster).

Fallout did not create the .223 gun (the name is there's but the idea isn't). Just like they didn't create the idea of the one-sleeved Leather Jacket (Mad Max did -- as they reference in FO1 in Junktown when you get Dogmeat. The "Stranger in Leather thrown off the roof" is a joke that Mad Max got his). They never claimed to either -- FO is known for their pop-culture references to cult-classic movies including: Mad Max, Blade Runner, Star Wars (in FO1 when you get to the Mutant Base and use a Radio you'll hear your character say as a selected option: "We're fine, we're all fine, everything's fine now -- how are you?..." which is a quote from Han Solo is Star Wars), and more. In FO3 I've already noticed reference to Die Hard, Aliens, and Beverly Hillbillies.

Seriously, is you don't believe me on the .223 Pistol Wikipedia it (http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/.223_Pistol).

And, I didn't want to make it too complicated (but, to make it more "easter egg like and hard to obtain) -- But, I'd add a .44 Magnum into the list of schematic requirements).

Okay, I know this is all hypothetical now. But, assuming that one way or another someone might think of creating this mod of a 5.56 Pistol -- I'd like to add more to my suggestion (and hopefully get some credit for the idea from the modder :D).

Anyway, I've already started to think on the gun's description and function while keeping with Fallout and Blade Runner. Let me know if it's liked:

Description:

"The 5.56 Blaster Special"

The schematics show you'll need an Assault Rifle, Sawed-Off Shotgun, Scoped .44 Magnum, Hunting Rifle, Fission Battery, and a Sensor Module to create this weapon.

The 5.56 Blaster Special -- by RobCo. "Remember, when you want to overdo it -- there's Robco." On the schematics there are notes scribbled in the dimensions box -- one which reads: "I think the Army boys are really gonna like this one, Chief. It's actually designed to work with 5.56ers, which is beneficial since the whole Canadian Annex mess has 'em scroung'n for ammo!" You notice that if needed the bolt action design can also be used to load .32 caliber.

You read another note: "Nice idea in concept Johnny, but how the hell do you expect us to build one of these for the entire U. S. Army?! I said we need to think outside the box -- not put our retirement in one and throw it outside! No, I think West-Tek's 10mm is gonna fly on this one, ya jake with that? P.S. and damnit for the last time Johnny -- the donuts in the break room are for employees that finish their TPS reports!"

Apparently, this weapon was too expensive to mass produce which leaves one to wonder: if this military contract went through and the bombs hadn't dropped, would RobCo still be out of business?

---

As for how to make it function in game:

I think the schematics should be found in a desk somewhere in the RobCo Facility.

Also, I think that like the "Rock-It Launcher" can load numerous ammo the benefit to this pistol could be about the same (as well as raw power). If a modder gets the proper tools, maybe that modder could add a simple interface were you can select to load the gun with either 5.56 or .32. The benefit is obvious -- two types of ammo makes it easier to always have ammo to use with the gun. Of course there's no other benefit than that (like the Rock-It Launcher), it has a standard Damage Rating -- based on Small Guns (I'd suggest no lower than 45 since you want it -- like in FO and FO2 -- to be one of the more powerful weapons).

Some might argue that in FO and FO2 that this gun was more Sub-Machine Gun like. And, it was -- they didn't have the technology they do now to create a game's unique intricacies (like in FO2 how the sawed-off looked like a full-length shotgun). So I'd say if some one wants to make a Blade Runner type Blaster -- these would be beneficial in the mod.

And, making it this complicated to create explains it's power and uniqueness (as well as why you don't see the Brotherhood of Steel run'n around with them) while adding more credibility to the reference of the Blaster itself!

Archived